Daily Mail linking Tim Sherwood with the Derby job.

Yojimbo

6 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Some of the fans said that Weimann is not a winger!

Some of our fans said that they weren't whingers.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Joe. said:

I think that would be the same with any manager that was appointed, 2 previous seasons had the potential to be promoted and didn't get it. Can't see anyone that would come in and not have the same mentality to be honest

Agree with this, especially with the squad that we now have.

Unless there is a complete clearout and we start from scratch, any new manager being judged from the outside will be purely assessed on getting us promoted.

Sherwood seems to be a great '3 month manager'. He can motivate players and give them some belief, but when they realise he can't back that up with any tactical nous or ability to set a team up properly then the belief vanishes and everything goes to pot.

He is certainly not the manager we need to progress as a football club in my opinion. He managed to oversee one of the most disastrous transfer windows in Villa history last summer and then started the season with one win in ten. No thanks.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 13:17, Ambitious said:

I know there's a few 'let's look at the candidates' posts, but I think that's where we need to start drawing up a realistic option. 

Another one I would be strongly considering is David Wagner at Huddersfield. He's currently in a head coach role and has got them playing some excellent attacking football. As he's from Dortmund, he would be used to the sports science side of the game and would be able to easily adapt to the role. I do think he would be an excellent choice, an exciting choice and with a few months under his belt at Huddersfield, would have gotten to grips with the Championship. I would say at present he represents a strong, realistic option. 

Interesting suggestion but lack of experience troubles me after Clement.  You make no mention of Mark Warburton who has won promotion with Brentford, forged an effective and attractive side for a relatively low outlay and now has experience of huge expectation and scrutiny at Rangers.  He has remarkably soft 'r's. 

Are people really not feeling this one or is he unlikely to leave Rangers? He could be building towards Champions League Football and then could move on directly to the Prem after that, so perhaps I have answered my own question.

Here's hoping he becomes unbearably home-sick, financially stricken or that things go wappy behind the scenes at Rangers making his position untenable. 

On 26/03/2016 at 13:17, Ambitious said:

Another one I would be strongly considering is David Wagner at Huddersfield. He's currently in a head coach role and has got them playing some excellent attacking football. As he's from Dortmund, he would be used to the sports science side of the game and would be able to easily adapt to the role. I do think he would be an excellent choice, an exciting choice and with a few months under his belt at Huddersfield, would have gotten to grips with the Championship. I would say at present he represents a strong, realistic option. 

Yeah, I hinted at him too.

They outclassed Reading and their game v Burnley was the same as v us. Bit blunt, wasted the chances they had but we're classy and sharp on the ball. Just looked like a lack of individual talent at either end where the pressure is.

Considering the players they have I'd say he has huge promise when you look at the speed and confidence they shift the ball from back to front. 

Really enjoyable team now. 

I think there's a lot of merit in choosing a manager who is on the way up rather than on the recovery trail.

i just hope we choose the best fit rather than the sweet shop mentality we used in the transfer window. For the price of Johnson, Weimann and Blackman we could have had Andre Gray,

High profile names are all very well as long as they are coming to the club for the right reasons.

My impression of Sherwood is that he's another Phil Brown who loves the click of the camera. 

47 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think there's a lot of merit in choosing a manager who is on the way up rather than on the recovery trail.

i just hope we choose the best fit rather than the sweet shop mentality we used in the transfer window. For the price of Johnson, Weimann and Blackman we could have had Andre Gray,

High profile names are all very well as long as they are coming to the club for the right reasons.

My impression of Sherwood is that he's another Phil Brown who loves the click of the camera. 

Gray fits Burnleys system better, and so theres no guarantee he would do great for us. Im pretty sure Blackman would do as good job for Burnley if they had signed him instead.

Furthermore at the beginning of the season i would take the 3 we do have ahead of one player Andre Grey all day long.

The only real question is, if you buy 3 can you fit them into your team effectively and we havent been able to do that.

Archived