Daily Mail linking Tim Sherwood with the Derby job.

Yojimbo

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Personally I'd just prefer a manager with a track record of getting teams promoted from the Championship. Failing that someone who's achieved promotion from League 1 and dome well with an unfancied team in the Championship. I jus don't get the dicking around with left-field candidates. We're supposedly well enough resourced to be able to do it the conventional way.

Karl Robinson from MK Dons? 

The guys got lots of passion, likes to play footie the right way, didn't  do to bad at Spurs, at Villa he had no chance, especially  when you lose your best 3 players and they are not replaced.

TS would fit in playing the "Derby way"

For the love of god, no. A joke of a manager. The only person who thinks he's any good is Tim Sherwood. He probably talks about himself (and talks himself up) in the third person. Would be a disaster.

After his WAGs joke, Martin O'Neil's gone up in my estimation! Ridiculous "outrage" to be expected. He's my number one likely choice given his amazing talking up of Derby over the years. The love Brian Clough had for us clearly had a big impact on him.

Laudrup would be my left-field candidate, winning a major trophy for Swansea playing beautiful football (Mel's Derby way).

And Rodgers would be immense too. I can't think who else other than O'Neil or Rodgers we'd be waiting for. Had we wanted Pearson we could simply have gone out and appointed him and that would have been fine. Pearson put himself forward and appears to have been ignored.

Appointing Sherwood would be the equivalent of paying a vast transfer fee to bring in someone like Nick Blackman. As has been said elsewhere, let's hope out famed analytics department don't have anything to do with the new manager. If Mel does appoint Sherwood he won't have my support, just my incredulity.

Honestly, if I really struggled to think of someone I would like to have as manager less than that good old Frank Butcher Redknapp I think I might say Sherwood...but i'm not sure... An awful manager, almost as bad as that pr1ck we have as "advisor" right now... Mel....don't do it.

(although it is in the Daily Mail so we should be nice and safe!)

Given that the usual students of the game are so vehemently against Sherwood, and given their reputation for being spot-on and never ever making a right tit of themselves with their predictions, I'm inclined to say 'Welcome, Tim'.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, whoever comes in, whether it be Rodgers or Sherwood, can't rest on former glories. 

'Proven' means very little when it comes to management too. I think most need to accept whoever we bring in will come with a question mark over their head. I'll accept anyone with an open mind and let them make their own reputation. 

I wouldn't be against Sherwood, because he's done a lot of good things in his short time in management. Nevertheless, he's done some wrong too. 

We know the new man will not be a traditional manager. He will be head coach implementing an ethos and improvement through the club. It will never be the likes of Pearson thank goodness. Darren Wassell isn't doing too badly at the moment the mood at the club is certainly better and he has uncle Harry to hold his hand for a few weeks. 

If we are promoted and a new man comes in next season it will be harsh on Darren Wassell. Promotion or not however will ultimately dictate who comes in. Let's just wait and see rather than go through all the usual knee jerk reactions. 

The guy is a knobber. 

And no. He wasn't good at Spurs. He just told everyone that he was and had the fortune of following on from the much vilified AVB.

The media loves him. And he jumped in to take credit for all the good while furthering himself from all the bad. 

Won't be him anyway. Too high risk. We have gone from Clement to Wassall. IF we were to change again I'd think it would be less risk than Sherwood who has proven nothing except that people can be gullible enough to believe some of his boasts

7 hours ago, jono said:

we just CANNOT have a manager called Sherwood .. You all know what that goes with :o .. Strewth we might as well employ Robin Hood 

How did this not occur to me?????

Quick! Someone ring Mel and tell him the deal with Sherwood is off! (Please, please be off!)

I often err in calling 'Arry the last of the unthinking managers...because I find Timmy so forgettable...He is the classic rah-rah manager; players like him at first and he can give a motivatational speech. Until everyone realises they're the same empty words repeated endlessly and without substance.

So a correction is required on my part: 'Arry is only the penultimate unthinking manager; Timmy is very much the last dinosaur  of that species.

I really do hope this is completely unfounded.

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, whoever comes in, whether it be Rodgers or Sherwood, can't rest on former glories. 

I wouldn't be against Sherwood, because he's done a lot of good things in his short time in management. Nevertheless, he's done some wrong too. 

Two things....

former glories...!??? 

Good things..???

really.? 

Archived