Thomas Ince

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Craig Bryson and Chris Martin have to take credit for our goal also, especially Craig Bryson who had a lot of work to put Ince in, then Ince had time to lay off the perfect pass, if only Tom Ince could do this more, then I would be a lot more positive about him. 

As he frustrates me a great deal as time and time again he finds himself in the perfect position, but takes an eternity to lay it off to others and unfortunately when he finally does, it's either a poor pass or he finds an opposing player and before we know it the ball is back in our box and therefore he's responsible for putting his team back in a defensive position and under needless pressure.

Jeff Hendrick is very similar with his casual passing, either over hit or under hit passing, which again causes negative possession.

i thought George Thorne had a very quiet game against Nottingham Forest, but when he did get involved his passing was tidy and accurate as usual, and Tom and Jeff could learn a great deal from George of how to win possession, how to hold on to a ball and when and how to pass to your team mate that provides a positive football outcome for the team.

If you restrict Tom Ince, by trying to make him more like others in the side, then you lose Tom Ince. He is a mercurial talent, woeful on occasion with his judgement, but a likely player to do something completely unexpected that will win you the game.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

If you restrict Tom Ince, by trying to make him more like others in the side, then you lose Tom Ince. He is a mercurial talent, woeful on occasion with his judgement, but a likely player to do something completely unexpected that will win you the game.

Typical luxury player. Scapegoat when we lose, talisman when we win.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me.

I have never understood the criticism of Tom. Easily our best attacking player .. Occasionally a little selfish but some of that comes because team mates aren't reacting quickly enough or making the right runs. He does track back and he does show lots of willingness and he keeps going all game. I love it when he is in the team and has the ball at his feet. He makes things happen. I just can't wait for Will to get fit then we will have two real attacking stars on the pitch. 

He does have an odd demeanour towards his team mates sometimes but you know we are all different and I think he is a joy to watch. 

The stigma around Ince frustrates me. Under Clement the whole team was restricted. The team was very Louis Van Gaal esque with everyone sticking to position. I think some of the fans didn't help either by getting on his back when he tried to show some flair. I think he has more freedom under Wassall and I think he is starting to rediscover the form he wowed crowds with last year.

He is by for our most gifted player and can win games single handed. I'm looking forward to seeing him perform with Hughes and Thorne in the run in.

Yes it was frustrating seeing all those shots get blocked and on a couple of occasions a pass may have been a better option, but how many times this season have the opposition hit a shot at our defenders and be rewarded with a nice deflection into our goal. Sooner or later with enough attempts at goal, maybe we'll get a bit of luck. 

He's the best winger in this league and we're lucky to have him, the type of lad that needs a hug and some love, booing him and getting on his back will just ruin his confidence and he does have a slight arrogance, where if we do boo him he's likely to throw his hand up and basically tell us to **** off. 

Ince... the magician of the championship 

Against Forest the blocking on toms shots was very good by their defenders rather than the shots being poor.

Tom better on the left or central defo......and he IS a team player trust me (lots of SM sites say otherwise), nice lad!!!

People love a scape goat. 

Yes, one or two possible layoffs yesterday 'could' have been the better option. Personally I wouldn't have passed the ball to Jeff as he was taking several touches to control it before giving it away, so I class that one as a good decision. 

It winds me up no end when he's working his nuts off and tried something to get us going forward etc and it doesn't quite come off and part of the crowd get right on his back. 

But they will cheer and support a different player who brings nothing, but will run around like a headless chicken because he 'tries'. 

He tracks back all the time, and often having to cover more ground to do so as he was up trying to create something. 

Most of the players around him are a few moves behind what is already in his mind and often the best option.

It is why him and Olsson work really well together on the left as they are both on the same page more often than not. 

People expect a player to be able to go at 100% even on 70 mins onwards. It's like they have never played or watched a sport before! So when he's not getting back as quick he's 'slacking'. 

If we hadn't got Johnson taking up that space on the left who doesn't seem to be able to be left out it would be his and we'd be much more threatening going forward. 

As it is he is on the right and has been relying on Christie to be his work mate. Christie has done an ok job, but makes so many wrong choices when going forward still. Also you rarely get a fullback who rather than overlapping chooses to slow down play and take on his man, this immediately removes the crossing threat unless he gets round him. The fullbacks and winger can close the space down as well so there's even less room to manouver. 

With an overlap your creating space for yourself and also taking pressure off the man with the ball as the defenders need to make a choice of staying or going. 

I look forward to him having a good run in hopefully playing on the left with Olsson and shutting some of the clueless fans up.  

On 3/20/2016 at 03:18, Bris Vegas said:

Assist aside, he was awful going forward against Forest. So predictable. Kept cutting in on his left foot and shooting straight into the Forest defenders. He had six attempts on goal yesterday, only one on target.

On more than one occasion a better player would have feinted the shot and slipped in either the fullback or the opposite winger down the sides. Was frustrating.

I'm all for taking more shots on goal, but only when it's the best option.

When 30,000 fans shout 'SHOOOTOOOOTOOOOT ******* SHOOOOOT' it's hard not to sometimes. The amount of times people around me shout 'SHOOOOOOTOTOTOTOOOOOT' then Ince shoots then they go 'What the ******* hell was that the pass was on! Your **** and over paid' is actually depressing. 

Got to love our fans at times!

19 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

He's the best winger in this league and we're lucky to have him, the type of lad that needs a hug and some love, booing him and getting on his back will just ruin his confidence and he does have a slight arrogance, where if we do boo him he's likely to throw his hand up and basically tell us to **** off. 

Oh no he isn't.

19 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

There, there. Of course he is. Now let these nice men in white coats take you back to that big house

Archived