Thomas Ince

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom provided the perfect out channel on a couple of occasions but the pass to him typically wan't good enough. Did anyone else think the pitch looked too slow for our passing game? one occasion in each half stuck in the mind when he was still on the right, think it was hanson who tried the pass as Tom got on his bike but the ball ended up dying on the surface behind him.

Agree with a lot of the comments above - think a bit of 'arry love will be particularly efficacious with Tom.

Second top goalscorer and a few assists... 

And people still think he ain't good enough because he doesn't run all day/doesn't celebrate/hasn't got no passion etc...

Hes a massive scapegoat for some... 

Hes a kinda guy that needs telling he's good I feel, an arm round the guy who needs picking up when he's a little off...

Top player

23 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

He's the best winger in this league and we're lucky to have him, the type of lad that needs a hug and some love, booing him and getting on his back will just ruin his confidence and he does have a slight arrogance, where if we do boo him he's likely to throw his hand up and basically tell us to **** off. 

Ince... the magician of the championship 

And that is exactly why 'arry's 'ere. That's his philosophy.

54 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

And people still think he ain't good enough because he doesn't run all day/doesn't celebrate/hasn't got no passion etc...

Hes a kinda guy that needs telling he's good I feel, an arm round the guy who needs picking up when he's a little off...

Top player

Clement was obviously a man who preferred to give players the cold shoulder regardless of form.. Ince looked down towards the end of Clements tenure here, I kept saying at the time Clement needed to put an arm round Incey to get him to perk up but it never happened. Waffle brain does at least know how to get the best out of him. 

10 goals and plenty of assists in an under-performing team tells me he's one of the best if not the best winger in the league, he proved it last season and if we'd have been performing and Incey was on song most weeks he'd have 15-17 goals by now imo. 

17 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Clement was obviously a man who preferred to give players the cold shoulder regardless of form.. Ince looked down towards the end of Clements tenure here, I kept saying at the time Clement needed to put an arm round Incey to get him to perk up but it never happened. Waffle brain does at least know how to get the best out of him. 

10 goals and plenty of assists in an under-performing team tells me he's one of the best if not the best winger in the league, he proved it last season and if we'd have been performing and Incey was on song most weeks he'd have 15-17 goals by now imo. 

Tend to agree with all of the above there 

48 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

I agree with this. I am less of the 'left is best' persuasion for Tom than I am of the 'give him a bit of freedom' one! 

He played well on the right at Rotherham, although having being given freedom to roam across the line more since Wassall has been in charge is a big help. He has looked very good on left too. 

He's had dreadful luck with some of his long range shots recently that are just skimming bar or post. 

As for celebrating, he looks more like one of the lads in most of the recent ones. 

I think he's coming into form at the right time and Will coming back will help him even more. 

A classy player. 

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Tom provided the perfect out channel on a couple of occasions but the pass to him typically wan't good enough. Did anyone else think the pitch looked too slow for our passing game? one occasion in each half stuck in the mind when he was still on the right, think it was hanson who tried the pass as Tom got on his bike but the ball ended up dying on the surface behind him.

Agree with a lot of the comments above - think a bit of 'arry love will be particularly efficacious with Tom.

I picked up on this too. Loads of underhit passes along the floor. It wasn't watered before the game or at half time.  

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

As it happens, the slow pitch led to our goal - if Ince's pass had been weighted as he'd have wished then it would have been onto Olsson's left foot for a cross along the 6 yard box. As it happens the "underhit" pass fell perfectly onto Olsson's right foot and forced him to take the shot!!

On 3/21/2016 at 14:03, Mafiabob said:

Top player

always the scapegoat....because of his dad, gloves, long socks, no smile etc etc.

Does more link up play than most and is usually the most likely to score....;likes a shot which yes is sometimes blocked byt deflections and run of the ball can turn into a positive....got to play him where he is most effective. Down the left in roaming in the middle

DW has insisted he takes off the gloves and lowers his socks......told to smile, his reply....... "why would i smile when we arent winning and playing poor"

PistoldPete2

Good all round game against forest... needs an attacking full back alongside as hes a bit of a one trick pony cutting inside but an overlapping full back gives the opposition more to think about... as Forest found out to their cost.

An on-song Tom Ince is quite possibly the best player in the league, but consistency has always been his big problem, hence his career has taken the path it has. His game is also severely limited by his inability to use his right foot, which means as a winger he is very predictable. I don't like him being shackeled out wide, particularly not on the right, where the full back knows he will cut inside every single time.

However, he has bags of talent and if you can get hard workers around him, he's the sort of player who could light up the league by being sent out and given a free role in the final third. 

Great talent. We are lucky to have a few (Ince, Martin, Thorne....).

We need some rreal grafters in midfield tho......Martin needs runners, Ince needs hard workers and we need George to link  up the play from the back. We do ask a lot of our midfield 3 imo.

Perhaps Bryson fits that bill better than most and we have missed him more than I thought we would (not an intentional cue for valleyram to hold forth btw)

Archived