Thomas Ince

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he was immensely frustrating today bar his assist. He has so much talent but his decision making in the final third is often shocking. Numerous times he held the ball instead of passing before shooting into a defender. Needs to add consistent link up to his game, particularly if he wants to be a central attacking mid. 

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Thought he was immensely frustrating today bar his assist. He has so much talent but his decision making in the final third is often shocking. Numerous times he held the ball instead of passing before shooting into a defender. Needs to add consistent link up to his game, particularly if he wants to be a central attacking mid. 

Don't think CAM is ince's position. LWM where Ince thrives and I think he's been the best player on the park for the last 3 games now.

Over the last three games he has suddenly started to find his form again, more involved

more accurate passing, and def more possession over all. Still think that MOM today should be

Thorne for his effort, persistance and overall quality which stood out today.

Assist aside, he was awful going forward against Forest. So predictable. Kept cutting in on his left foot and shooting straight into the Forest defenders. He had six attempts on goal yesterday, only one on target.

On more than one occasion a better player would have feinted the shot and slipped in either the fullback or the opposite winger down the sides. Was frustrating.

I'm all for taking more shots on goal, but only when it's the best option.

It was slightly frustrating that he kept on trying the same thing by cutting in on to his left, but I admired that he was looking hungry for a goal and wasn't getting disheartened. For most of the game it looked like if anyone was going to score it would be Ince.

He made his assist very well, and I think that moving him to the left was a good decision when JR was brought on; I don't think the Forest side expected it because I know I certainly didn't. From the left he had a great chance to score which he probably should have taken better and then set up the goal very well.

He's been playing well for a while now since Wassall has taken over, playing with more freedom. Hope he can keep it up!

Got the potencial to be a very good player. he just needs to do to it most games and for 90min. get him in gym pack on a bit of muscle with some of is team mates who  look a bit light weight to me. coz championship a hard league lets dominant a game from start to the end..

I think he is playing better in the past few weeks and he is one that a chat with Arry might benefit. 

I don't think he would start for the four sides above us though and that's a realistic assessment of where we are as an attacking force.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think he is playing better in the past few weeks and he is one that a chat with Arry might benefit. 

I don't think he would start for the four sides above us though and that's a realistic assessment of where we are as an attacking force.

Probably not Burnley as Dyche doesn't do show ponies but he'd walk into the others.  He's a quality player at this level, provided he's utilised correctly.  PC had him hugging the touchline and his form was poor, Waffall decides to make him more involved and look what happens...

You have to play a brand of football that builds play from wide positions. People keep saying he drifts in and out but like any winger you can only really get involved if the ball is played to you wide...................he's talented but is a bit of a one trick pony.......left foot, cut inside............

41 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'd say he's at his best on the left. He's OK in the centre and a liability on the right.

Sorry I meant he's best on the left I meant he was wasted  on the right . (Heavy day yesterday ) I do like him centrally though . 

Archived