Wassall lost Respect of the fan

stoneyram

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, stoneyram said:

Wassall lost Respect of the fans.

If he is not gone back soon to the u21, all of derby will want him to leave the club

Come on mel 

Sort it out ,

get wassall out 

bring somebody in

with some clout.

I think it's fairer to say that fans like you don't know how to show respect, and Wassall never had yours as you're maybe not a respectful person.

26 minutes ago, stoneyram said:

If he is not gone back soon to the u21, all of derby will want him to leave the club

Come on mel 

Sort it out ,

get wassall out 

bring somebody in

with some clout.

With fans like you .........etc

If you feel as you do then vote with your feet (Please do)

My respect is home and away for 46 years ! if that counts?

Thought this was a forum, must be why i dont post alot.

i am a respectful person when you warrant it.

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think it's fairer to say that fans like you don't know how to show respect, and Wassall never had yours as you're maybe not a respectful person.

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

there is no abuse and nothing disrespectful in this post except for ideas YOU don't like. Get off your high horse.

7 minutes ago, stoneyram said:

My respect is home and away for 46 years ! if that counts?

Thought this was a forum, must be why i dont post alot.

i am a respectful person when you warrant it.

46 years a fan? really? 

You should know better then than to bully someone who's been in the job 6 games, less than a month.

What kind of message does that send out? What self-respecting manager is going to come to a club where a manager is being hounded out in spite of a 50% win rate and less than a month into the job?

You have shown Wassall NO respect whatsoever, your mind was made up the day he was appointed.

17 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Maybe he doesn't mean it he just wanted to get his little poem out there?

It inspired me to write a haiku;

Green shoots crushed beneath

The frost of expectation

Respect, earned or bought?

51 minutes ago, stoneyram said:

This seems a fair point to make - it's not going well for him and if it gets worse how will it affect his position if he did go back to the U21s?

I am increasingly of the view that Darren Wassall is simply trying to divert attention from players he is quietly recommending to the club are moved on at seasons end.

He's therefore being the club's loyal lieutenant. He gets a sort of managerial apprenticeship out of the deal.

At the end of the season a new first team manager will be announced and very soon after a number of player departures.

He gains nothing by deriding the players beforehand hence the overly positive post match interviews. I'd be astonished if he believes what he's saying - it's just deflection. 

Of course this is pure speculation and I have not a jot nor scintilla of evidence for any of this but I don't buy into a number of the conspiracy theories on here.

For Mel the short term fan rage is worthwhile to get the longer term right. It's win-win for him if wassall had simply clicked and we stormed the league. That looks increasingly unlikely now and was probably regarded as a long shot by the club in any case.

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I am increasingly of the view that Darren Wassall is simply trying to divert attention from players he is quietly recommending to the club are moved on at seasons end.

He's therefore being the club's loyal lieutenant. He gets a sort of managerial apprenticeship out of the deal.

At the end of the season a new first team manager will be announced and very soon after a number of player departures.

He gains nothing by deriding the players beforehand hence the overly positive post match interviews. I'd be astonished if he believes what he's saying - it's just deflection. 

Of course this is pure speculation and I have not a jot nor scintilla of evidence for any of this but I don't buy into a number of the conspiracy theories on here.

For Mel the short term fan rage is worthwhile to get the longer term right. It's win-win for him if wassall had simply clicked and we stormed the league. That looks increasingly unlikely now and was probably regarded as a long shot by the club in any case.

This is my feelings too.

Wass hasn't lost my respect, yet, he has come in under circumstances that are not as straight forward as we think, imo,  and I think @Mostyn6 is trying to say not everyone has lost respect for him, and some did not even give him a chance and used it as a stick to bet Mel with. You have people moaning about the football under PC then moan when MM sacks PC because the football, that they had been moaning about, is not good enough. You have people moaning about having too many players then moaning that we are making the squad more manageable, we have people moaning cos we changed the starting line up and then moaning cos certain players are starting. There is only 1 thing that has been constant and that is certain people moaning. It gets tiresome and boring.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

It inspired me to write a haiku;

Green shoots crushed beneath

The frost of expectation

Respect, earned or bought?

This inspired me to pen a monoku 

"I hate haiku poetry"

I haven't lost any respect for Wassall, in fact the U21s immediate loss of form following his leaving has probably increased it a little :p

I appreciate the views and opinions he has post game, even after losses, are at odds with that of many fans and it's making people unhappy but frankly I just think that's a difference in perspective. He's aware this isn't the be all and end all and has no intention of attacking the players/staff/performance and generally bringing the mood behind the scenes down to the same level it's at among the over-entitled fans - he simply doesn't have the time (maybe not the ability either, not my place to say) to turn it around so why get all flustered over it. 

Heaven forbid SOMEONE connected to the club is enjoying themselves even though we're not beating everyone 5-0 and storming the league.

No I don't think we're going to be successful this year, no I don't think performances have improved since Wassall came in, yes I thought we were boring under Clement, no I don't know enough of the facts to know what sort of effect MM is having on the club, yes I do miss Sam Rush's interviews and the weird smiling/straight face war his face has.

Do I know how to make Derby successful? No. If I did know, would I be able to do anything with that knowledge? No. - So I'm just going to do my best to enjoy the ride.

And even if the answer is yes to the first question for some of you (in your opinion of course, most of that group would still be wrong) it's almost certainly no for the second question.

So, have your opinion @stoneyram, you are most entitled to it - but if you are speaking for all fans then I must not be a fan.

2 hours ago, stoneyram said:

Come on mel 

Sort it out ,

get wassall out 

bring somebody in

with some clout.

Does the club have an official poet laureate?

38 minutes ago, rynny said:

This is my feelings too.

Wass hasn't lost my respect, yet, he has come in under circumstances that are not as straight forward as we think, imo,  and I think @Mostyn6 is trying to say not everyone has lost respect for him, and some did not even give him a chance and used it as a stick to bet Mel with. You have people moaning about the football under PC then moan when MM sacks PC because the football, that they had been moaning about, is not good enough. You have people moaning about having too many players then moaning that we are making the squad more manageable, we have people moaning cos we changed the starting line up and then moaning cos certain players are starting. There is only 1 thing that has been constant and that is certain people moaning. It gets tiresome and boring.

Agree. I should have concluded earlier by saying that on the basis of my view,  I can only respect wassall for being prepared to give it a go and take the brickbats. There are surely easier ways of serving your managerial apprenticeship! 

Archived