Wassall lost Respect of the fan

stoneyram

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

I haven't lost respect for him, as a human being.  But two things made me realise he isn't up to the job - 

4-4-2.

Stating the team gave a positive performance against Wolves.

you do surely know the difference between positive and successful?

Hope we've all got our best boo's ready for the next game we lose at home! 

At least Wassall recognises we need to be positive rather than wanting to throw ourselves off the roof every time things don't go our way! He may not be Sir Alex, but he at least understands what the club needs. Which clearly, the majority of people on here don't. 

Just now, Casio said:

At least Wassall recognises we need to be positive rather than wanting to throw ourselves off the roof every time things don't go our way! He may not be Sir Alex, but he at least understands what the club needs. Which clearly, the majority of people on here don't. 

I maintain that it's a loud minority. I have to or all hope is lost :lol:

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you do surely know the difference between positive and successful?

And I also know the difference between positive intentions and the dross that ensues... 

I've thinking positively that my wife will have prepared the perfect medium rare steak for when I get home.  But I know deep down that it'll be as tough as old boots...

49 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I haven't lost any respect for Wassall, in fact the U21s immediate loss of form following his leaving has probably increased it a little :p

I appreciate the views and opinions he has post game, even after losses, are at odds with that of many fans and it's making people unhappy but frankly I just think that's a difference in perspective. He's aware this isn't the be all and end all and has no intention of attacking the players/staff/performance and generally bringing the mood behind the scenes down to the same level it's at among the over-entitled fans - he simply doesn't have the time (maybe not the ability either, not my place to say) to turn it around so why get all flustered over it. 

Heaven forbid SOMEONE connected to the club is enjoying themselves even though we're not beating everyone 5-0 and storming the league.

No I don't think we're going to be successful this year, no I don't think performances have improved since Wassall came in, yes I thought we were boring under Clement, no I don't know enough of the facts to know what sort of effect MM is having on the club, yes I do miss Sam Rush's interviews and the weird smiling/straight face war his face has.

Do I know how to make Derby successful? No. If I did know, would I be able to do anything with that knowledge? No. - So I'm just going to do my best to enjoy the ride.

And even if the answer is yes to the first question for some of you (in your opinion of course, most of that group would still be wrong) it's almost certainly no for the second question.

So, have your opinion @stoneyram, you are most entitled to it - but if you are speaking for all fans then I must not be a fan.

90% of fans 

6 minutes ago, Casio said:

I'm usually not the wrist slashing type and recognise that Waffall has good intentions about our approach to games, team selections and tactics.  I just don't think he's good enough to implement his plans on the team...

4 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

And I also know the difference between positive intentions and the dross that ensues... 

I've thinking positively that my wife will have prepared the perfect medium rare steak for when I get home.  But I know deep down that it'll be as tough as old boots...

Unless you can pinpoint your arrival time to the second, you should really wait until you are home before the steak is introduced to the pan.  Only needs 2-3 mins on high heat.

I've not lost any respect for the man either.... It's the guy at the top I'm disappointed with.... Extremely dissatisfied in how this club is operating at the minute...

Like I said last summer... Be careful what you wish for.

Really hope I'm wrong... And will be happy to have egg on my face and say yes I was wrong anywhere...

Shame there will be some who will shout until the cows come home to be proved right... 

17 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm usually not the wrist slashing type and recognise that Waffall has good intentions about our approach to games, team selections and tactics.  I just don't think he's good enough to implement his plans on the team...

Fair point. I agree with you RE: D.W not being the answer however, IMO feel that if there was a manager who is A) available B) Currently affordable and C) Good enough to lead this team to promotion in a sustainable way, Mel and Sam Rush would have already appointed that manager. 

I'm also an unhappy season ticket holder who doesn't enjoy the games as much as I did say when we were top but we need to put aside that sense of entitlement for the good of the team and the club. 

Just have a little faith, it's not easy but I do believe this shall all come round in the summer. 

3 hours ago, stoneyram said:

Wassall lost Respect of the fans.

If he is not gone back soon to the u21, all of derby will want him to leave the club

Come on mel 

Sort it out ,

get wassall out 

bring somebody in

with some clout.

I really wish the "fans" like you stopped going to games. The negativity from you lot really is detrimental to the players, the staff and the club as a whole. 

Don't matter one jot whether the fans respect wassel or not ,it's whether the players do and I don't mean respect as a bloke but respect as a football manager ,,, there in lies the problem . For me they didn't have it for PC and they don't have it for wass , if they did they run through walls for the manager,,, they had it for s Mac for a while then for whatever reason they lost it,,,, we've all seen what this group of players can do when they believe in the man at the top, respect him and trust him,,,, we ain't seen that since Newcastle came sniffing and that's the bottom line no matter how you spin it

12 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The Wolves performance was neither, and by the sounds of it the QPR game was much the same.

Totally abject away performances highly reminiscent of those under Nigel Clough. 

Nigel Clough pre the 2014-2014 season. We had some great away performances under cloughie at the start of that season....2-1 at Brighton, 3-0 at Yeovil (including a 23 pass goal) and 5-1 at Millwall come to mind.

2 minutes ago, 11carl00 said:

I really wish the "fans" like you stopped going to games. The negativity from you lot really is detrimental to the players, the staff and the club as a whole. 

However wrong you think they are.... Us fans are entitled to their opinion whether you agree or not.

I really wish fans like you stop looking down on others which you so blatantly are here.... We're all the same. Be it go to 2/3 games a year, to ST holders who been going for years, to people who can't make games.

What gives you the right to say he stop going because he's being negative? (I believe he's wrong by way too)... Or he has a differing opinion to you.

Its stuff like this that gets me down being a Derby fan... 

Telling people what they can and can't do.... 

40 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I haven't lost respect for him, as a human being.  But two things made me realise he isn't up to the job - 

4-4-2.

Stating the team gave a positive performance against Wolves.

Don't Burnley play 442?

People had decided Wassell wasn't up to the job the moment he took it. He may not be/he may be but that is who they have put in charge to try and turn the season around as we hadnt won a game after xmas. I think people expected him to wave a magic wand and we would be winning games playing amazing football straight away when we haven't done that for about a year. We are still in the play offs, clubs like Sheffield Wednesday are buzzing at their season and we are above them. Lets just back the team and see what happens, we may (and it is a may) have a fit Thorne and Hughes fit for the play offs if we make it and we are a different side then.

As has been reiterated many times by many people from the moment his appointment was announced, he never commanded the respect of 'the fans' in the first place. That may be in relation to the 'I want it NOW' mentality of a number of the fan base, but rightly or wrongly, the relationship between Wassall and some is now poisonous, and I doubt that those differences will ever be resolved. He's still here, but basically he is in the process of being hounded out of the club for being not as good as we hoped at doing somebody else's job.

I genuinely feel desperately sorry for Darren Wassall and for the situation he now finds himself - a situation which is not of his own making.

Archived