Wassall lost Respect of the fan

stoneyram

Just now, eddie said:

As has been reiterated many times by many people from the moment his appointment was announced, he never commanded the respect of 'the fans' in the first place. That may be in relation to the 'I want it NOW' mentality of a number of the fan base, but rightly or wrongly, the relationship between Wassall and some is now poisonous, and I doubt that those differences will ever be resolved. He's still here, but basically he is in the process of being hounded out of the club for being not as good as we hoped at doing somebody else's job.

I genuinely feel desperately sorry for Darren Wassall and for the situation he now finds himself - a situation which is not of his own making.

A totally fair assessment...

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, stoneyram said:

90% of fans 

Gosh!!! Where is that analysis? I would love to have a look at the data. 

Or or is it just a figure plucked out of the sky you cheeky, misleading rascal. :)

Probably in cloud cuckoo land but I would like the forum to be a community for reasoned debate. When it's wrist-slashing time (as now, obviously), I hate how lots of new posters appear from nowhere and start a continuous stream of negative threads.

Perhaps we should have a probabtionary period so you can't begin a thread until you've got 50 posts? That would also stop people registering to spam us.

Just like Fred555 in the matchday thread, I have not the slightest reason to care about StoneyRam's loss of respect (nor does Wassall) because they've no track record with the forum and could just as easily be a Gump as some long-lost Ram.

32 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I've not lost any respect for the man either.... It's the guy at the top I'm disappointed with.... Extremely dissatisfied in how this club is operating at the minute...

Like I said last summer... Be careful what you wish for.

Really hope I'm wrong... And will be happy to have egg on my face and say yes I was wrong anywhere...

Shame there will be some who will shout until the cows come home to be proved right... 

I can see what concerns you have. I'm not quite concerned with it at the moment as I believe MM is smart enough to have learnt from the mistakes of the past 9 or so months. If things go the same way next season then those concerns will be very real!!

I think Wass is being used as a stop gap for a top manager in the summer, with a deal being discussed.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I haven't lost any respect for Wassall, in fact the U21s immediate loss of form following his leaving has probably increased it a little :p

I appreciate the views and opinions he has post game, even after losses, are at odds with that of many fans and it's making people unhappy but frankly I just think that's a difference in perspective. He's aware this isn't the be all and end all and has no intention of attacking the players/staff/performance and generally bringing the mood behind the scenes down to the same level it's at among the over-entitled fans - he simply doesn't have the time (maybe not the ability either, not my place to say) to turn it around so why get all flustered over it. 

Heaven forbid SOMEONE connected to the club is enjoying themselves even though we're not beating everyone 5-0 and storming the league.

No I don't think we're going to be successful this year, no I don't think performances have improved since Wassall came in, yes I thought we were boring under Clement, no I don't know enough of the facts to know what sort of effect MM is having on the club, yes I do miss Sam Rush's interviews and the weird smiling/straight face war his face has.

Do I know how to make Derby successful? No. If I did know, would I be able to do anything with that knowledge? No. - So I'm just going to do my best to enjoy the ride.

And even if the answer is yes to the first question for some of you (in your opinion of course, most of that group would still be wrong) it's almost certainly no for the second question.

So, have your opinion @stoneyram, you are most entitled to it - but if you are speaking for all fans then I must not be a fan.

;)

index2.jpg

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

;)

index2.jpg

Well usually when I post things like that I get knobs quoting me and saying things like "So you're happy?", "So you think we're doing well?" etc. etc. and I couldn't be arsed with keeping up that dialogue :p 

Also, I don't find it annoying when other people do it. Sounds like a you problem :lol:

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well usually when I post things like that I get knobs quoting me and saying things like "So you're happy?", "So you think we're doing well?" etc. etc. and I couldn't be arsed with keeping up that dialogue :p 

What?. Surely not on here!

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Also, I don't find it annoying when other people do it. Sounds like a you problem :lol:

To be honest it only annoys me when politicians do it. Am I that fussed otherwise?. Meh.

1 hour ago, 11carl00 said:

I really wish the "fans" like you stopped going to games. The negativity from you lot really is detrimental to the players, the staff and the club as a whole. 

I will never stop going thanks. Derby Till i Die !

38 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Probably in cloud cuckoo land but I would like the forum to be a community for reasoned debate. When it's wrist-slashing time (as now, obviously), I hate how lots of new posters appear from nowhere and start a continuous stream of negative threads.

Perhaps we should have a probabtionary period so you can't begin a thread until you've got 50 posts? That would also stop people registering to spam us.

Just like Fred555 in the matchday thread, I have not the slightest reason to care about StoneyRam's loss of respect (nor does Wassall) because they've no track record with the forum and could just as easily be a Gump as some long-lost Ram.

The only thing red in me is my blood !

Please What is wrong with some of you ? that off the derby tinted glasses and wake up.

Maybe you dont go to the games and just listern To DW after the ground.

Derby are back in town. Not

that will send a message to the other top teams. Not

Plenty of positives to come for that game. NOT

Freedom of speech 

58 minutes ago, eddie said:

As has been reiterated many times by many people from the moment his appointment was announced, he never commanded the respect of 'the fans' in the first place. That may be in relation to the 'I want it NOW' mentality of a number of the fan base, but rightly or wrongly, the relationship between Wassall and some is now poisonous, and I doubt that those differences will ever be resolved. He's still here, but basically he is in the process of being hounded out of the club for being not as good as we hoped at doing somebody else's job.

I genuinely feel desperately sorry for Darren Wassall and for the situation he now finds himself - a situation which is not of his own making.

He didn't have to take the job whether for a short time or for the rest of the season,though of course anyone with ambition would want to give it a try. The sad thing is that he is handicapped by (a) his inexperience and (b) the temporary nature of his appointment. 

If he really  believes what he says in his post-match interviews there is no hope , unless its all the fault of those mischievous Radio Derby interviewers.

A negative attitude to his appointment by some does not indicate a 'want it now' attitude. Much more likely, having seen one unproven manager in action this season , they did not want another. Some have held a consistent attitude throughout that MacClaren should have been replaced by an experienced manager.

2 hours ago, rynny said:

This is my feelings too.

Wass hasn't lost my respect, yet, he has come in under circumstances that are not as straight forward as we think, imo,  and I think @Mostyn6 is trying to say not everyone has lost respect for him, and some did not even give him a chance and used it as a stick to bet Mel with. You have people moaning about the football under PC then moan when MM sacks PC because the football, that they had been moaning about, is not good enough. You have people moaning about having too many players then moaning that we are making the squad more manageable, we have people moaning cos we changed the starting line up and then moaning cos certain players are starting. There is only 1 thing that has been constant and that is certain people moaning. It gets tiresome and boring.

You know how they have inspirational messages on the walls of the gym and stuff at Moor Farm? They should put this on the walls in the concourse at the ipro.

Maybe it will make fans ask themselves.... am I a giant fooking baby who can't find a dummy big enough to fit my mouth? Do I do anything other than stamp my feet? And I think there's a reason that I'm a forklift driver and not got a job in football after all. 

12 minutes ago, stoneyram said:

I will never stop going thanks. Derby Till i Die !

The only thing red in me is my blood !

Please What is wrong with some of you ? that off the derby tinted glasses and wake up.

Maybe you dont go to the games and just listern To DW after the ground.

Derby are back in town. Not

that will send a message to the other top teams. Not

Plenty of positives to come for that game. NOT

Freedom of speech 

Did you really just end with "freedom of speech"  having just slated Wassall for trying to get fans on side? 

Oh god!  

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Maybe it will make fans ask themselves.... am I a giant fooking baby who can't find a dummy big enough to fit my mouth? Do I do anything other than stamp my feet? And I think there's a reason that I'm a forklift driver and not got a job in football after all. 

You what?! Lol. I don't know how all those sensitive footballers manage to keep kicking a ball, sometimes they must just want to break down and cry. The poor loves, thank goodness they're mostly protected from the harshness of the real world. There's a reason they couldn't drive a forklift truck, just not tough and nasty enough!

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You what?! Lol. I don't know how all those sensitive footballers manage to keep kicking a ball, sometimes they must just want to break down and cry. The poor loves, thank goodness they're mostly protected from the harshness of the real world. There's a reason they couldn't drive a forklift truck, just not tough and nasty enough!

I know, i know. We need to abuse them more. I think it's starting to work. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I know, i know. We need to abuse them more. I think it's starting to work. 

Agreed, starting with players wives

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whooooossssshhhhhh

56 minutes ago, stoneyram said:

Darren Wassall admitted that Derby County’s 2-0 defeat at Queens Park Rangers was a ‘missed opportunity’ for his side.
Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/darren-wassall-qpr-a-reaction-1516-2991602.aspx#gwsLI83IOp0zUfvD.99

He picks the side and picks the formation and gets them fired up. NOT------- FACT

Using "NOT" and "FACT" after each point is always a winner for me, but when you've combined them together at the end of the same point, I will now believe literally everything you say.

Archived