Wassall lost Respect of the fan

stoneyram

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, stoneyram said:

Let's put up a simply poll 

Is DW the man to take us forward ?(first team) 

yes or no !

It doesn't matter whether we think he is the man to take us forward, that is down to Mel. However it is up to us to get behind the team and the manager.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I maintain that it's a loud minority. I have to or all hope is lost :lol:

The pols show that the VAST majority don't want Wassall to get the job permanently. Its frustrating to watch the performances when you know the most important decision maker is a dead-man walking. It's understandable people are frustrated and are not criticising Wassall's efforts, but unfair or not I have always felt he took a job he was never qualified or experienced enough to get.

I'm one of Wassall's most ardent defenders, he's not lost a shred of respect from me - but I would agree that NO, he's not the man to take the first team forward - I don't think anyone is saying that he is - Most people are just by perplexed by the amount of criticism he's coming under despite this clearly being a huge step up for him, his positive attitude and results improving. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

You what?! Lol. I don't know how all those sensitive footballers manage to keep kicking a ball, sometimes they must just want to break down and cry. The poor loves, thank goodness they're mostly protected from the harshness of the real world. There's a reason they couldn't drive a forklift truck, just not tough and nasty enough!

maybe you'd be better off going to watch some Sunday morning football then, leave DCFC to the supporters who WANT them to succeed.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

maybe you'd be better off going to watch some Sunday morning football then, leave DCFC to the supporters who WANT them to succeed.

Who's a good lil lapdog? Typical, you'll do things our way or not at all. I do want us to succeed but its not going to be with DW. Mel has messed up royally but you keep spouting his lines for him, someone will believe them! ROFL.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

We all want DCFC to succeed but we are not stupid. We know that Wassall will not take us forward

17 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

"Lost the respect of fans"

never really had it with that stupid grin and his deluded match analysis 

What about his work with the academy and the years he's spent working for the club?

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who's a good lil lapdog? Typical, you'll do things our way or not at all. I do want us to succeed but its not going to be with DW. Mel has messed up royally but you keep spouting his lines for him, someone will believe them! ROFL.

leave the lapdog insult out, it just makes you seem a bit special.

It's not about forcing people to buy into something they do not want, but your behaviour is bringing shame on the club.

Mel may or may not have messed up, but YOU (or I for that matter) do not know that yet. It doesn't look great, but if you were paying attention, the first six games under most of our managers in the last 25 years haven't been much better.

I spout nothing for Mel, it's ignorant to suggest so. I would not have given Wassall the job, but now he's in the job, he deserves some respect and a chance to perform.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What about his work with the academy and the years he's spent working for the club?

All counts for nothing 

its all been undone with that stupid grin he pulls in every interview. He comes across as one of them annoyingly happy people especially after a defeat "well im delighted owen" grins into the camera eyes glazed over with emptiness as he tries to think of more ways to say he's delighted like he's been watching a totally different game  

1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

All counts for nothing 

its all been undone with that stupid grin he pulls in every interview. He comes across as one of them annoyingly happy people especially after a defeat "well im delighted owen" grins into the camera eyes glazed over with emptiness as he tries to think of more ways to say he's delighted like he's been watching a totally different game  

really? I thought Owen interviewed him on the radio? Have you got one of those new-fangled radiovision sets? :lol:

Joking aside, are you really getting wound up by a grin and a smile? Stop watching his interviews is my advice.

I imagine you'd rather Nigel Pearson talking about Ostriches though hey?

2 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

All counts for nothing 

Don't agree it all counts for nothing. It's our future.

I've not watched his interviews tbh. I watched the first one where we played badly and he called it good (MK Dons) and that was enough. Either he's got a reason for it or he's blind. He could have a perfectly good reason. But at the end of the day we judge him on the matches over the interviews. 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

leave the lapdog insult out, it just makes you seem a bit special.

It's not about forcing people to buy into something they do not want, but your behaviour is bringing shame on the club.

I see (I think, although because I'm special you might have to lessen the number of syllables) - so if I don't buy in and I disagree that's bringing shame on the Club?! You really are funny. I bring shame, you fetch Mel's white stick! :p

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

really? I thought Owen interviewed him on the radio? Have you got one of those new-fangled radiovision sets? :lol:

Joking aside, are you really getting wound up by a grin and a smile? Stop watching his interviews is my advice.

I imagine you'd rather Nigel Pearson talking about Ostriches though hey?

Haha very good point... Tbh i like both the TV & radio interviews equally.

I like the joys of owen and his pearls of wisdom on the radio shortly followed by a facebook video upload of wassall looking gormless into the camera claiming we played fantastic 

to be honest 'i'd love it, absolutely love it' if he came out like keegan going mental ranting and saying how promotion isn't over 

(not bothered really ive calmed down after last night just wanted to pick on wassall over something else)

Archived