POLL of the Day: Reconciliations

Mostyn6

Which of these previous Derby gaffers would you pick to take over if you had to?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing this poll actually made me feel ill. 

I voted NC based on the fact I would like to see how he handled a squad with supposedly much better players and expectations.

Would also like to see whether he has been able to shrug off his negative tendencies.

In reality, I wouldn't want any of them.

If I absolutely had to chose it would be Nigel. I don't believe that he would ever get us promoted because of his tendency to develop tactical paranoia. However, I also don't believe that Mel's plan to appoint inexperienced head coaches will get us up within the next decade, so maybe that's no great loss. Yet this squad is complete mess. The team spirit has vanished and there are too many expensive, under-performing show ponies. It needs someone with Nigel's drive and arrogance to sort it out. The FFP situation will make it necessary to keep spending to a far lower level than this season, so Nigel's eye for a bargain would also be invaluable.

Voted Mac, simply because he got the players playing a very attacking style of footie, that terrified the opposition, only for the wheels came off when we had injuries.

I say something in another thread prior to Clement going, how Mac might have faired with this so much bigger squad and Shanks at the back .......

George Burley had some absolute gems to work with. Idiakez was fantastic. Would he do better given more resources?

Macs football was brilliant. Some of the best we've seen since the aforementioned. But disaster follows where he goes, it seems. Would he have done better if not the rumours of him going to Newcastle? Was that the reason it turned toxic?

All hypothetical, of course. But so was the question.

Voted PC because he should have been allowed the whole season.

we blather on about how there aren't enough English managers and how they should be given a chance. Here was a young coach committing to Derby county but we stabbed him in the back and then besmirched his reputation by accusing him of a whole catalogue of failings:

crap football

inability to motivate 

no interest in the u21s

failure to scout players

failure to scout the oponents

unfit players

etc etc

yet according to mel if pc had just acknowledged the requirement for performances then he would still be here.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Voted PC because he should have been allowed the whole season.

we blather on about how there aren't enough English managers and how they should be given a chance. Here was a young coach committing to Derby county but we stabbed him in the back and then besmirched his reputation by accusing him of a whole catalogue of failings:

crap football

inability to motivate

no interest in the u21s

failure to scout players

failure to scout the oponents

unfit players

etc etc

yet according to mel if pc had just acknowledged the requirement for performances then he would still be here.

Not crap football, negative football.

Did Darren Bent look motivated to you?

I'm not sure that I buy into the unfit players argument. I don't see how it is the responsibility of the manager. They should be aware of how to keep themselves in top condition.

The other points all hinge on whether you think Mel Morris is a liar or not.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Not crap football, negative football.

Did Darren Bent look motivated to you?

I'm not sure that I buy into the unfit players argument. I don't see how it is the responsibility of the manager. They should be aware of how to keep themselves in top condition.

The other points all hinge on whether you think Mel Morris is a liar or not.

so so so wrong. The fitness of the squad is controlled by the club. If players were responsible for their own fitness training they would be uninsurable so it needs to take place in the workplace, as with EVERY reputable professional football club!

How do you not know this? What do you think pre-season training and training is all about? Why do you think fitness coaches exist? and training facilities with gym equipment?

Are you generally this ignorant? or just trying to wind me up? :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

so so so wrong. The fitness of the squad is controlled by the club. If players were responsible for their own fitness training they would be uninsurable so it needs to take place in the workplace, as with EVERY reputable professional football club!

How do you not know this? What do you think pre-season training and training is all about? Why do you think fitness coaches exist? and training facilities with gym equipment?

Are you generally this ignorant? or just trying to wind me up? :lol:

I need you to be clear on your accusations against Clement. I understood that the lack of fitness argument grew out of the fact that gym eqipment designed for strength rather than cardio was removed and players were using gyms outside the club independently. I did not think we had evidence to suggest that players were not being trained properly and were becoming unfit to a degree that would concern our insurers.

Don't give me that rubbish that there was a lack of fitness under Clement. We were top on december 26th for goodness sake. Clement has trained some of the best players in the world who don't have a single thing bad to say about him. Maybe it's more a case of that the derby players weren't good enough to keep us with his demands

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Don't give me that rubbish that there was a lack of fitness under Clement. We were top on december 26th for goodness sake. Clement has trained some of the best players in the world who don't have a single thing bad to say about him. Maybe it's more a case of that the derby players weren't good enough to keep us with his demands

Clement trained players that did well in continental leagues which don't play at the frenetic pace of the Championship. The last time he coached players in England was at Blackburn Rovers...who were relegated.

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Another silly poll. from our past managers, I'd pick a young Brian Clough because he's just as likely as all the rest of them. Should he surprisingly prove unavailable, I'd pick a new manager of stature and style to take the club forward.

8 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Not voted. Why go back I want us to move forward. Get someone experienced in who knows what they're doing. If things don't improve I'll shut up.

well don't take part in the sausaging poll then, go somewhere else ffs!

Just cos you're not one of the ones that wants an ex-manager back, doesn't mean you should stink out the thread with your whining.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

well don't take part in the sausaging poll then, go somewhere else ffs!

Just cos you're not one of the ones that wants an ex-manager back, doesn't mean you should stink out the thread with your whining.

Mostyn we don't all buy into this what Mel wants stuff .

The fans are the club not Mel Morris. 

Archived