POLL of the Day: Reconciliations

Mostyn6

Which of these previous Derby gaffers would you pick to take over if you had to?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Had to go with Burley.  Was close to going with Schteve but after a year he'd be throwing admiring glances at the Everton job when they decided they'd had enough with Martinez's blindness to defending.

George Burley had us playing some great stuff and signed Idiakez, Raziak, Bisgarrd & Reich for a 6th of what we paid Norwich for Johnson.  Plus he bloodied some youngsters so that's one of Mr Morris' philosophies ticked right there.  He really was the right manager at the wrong time.  Imagine what he could've done with decent backing instead of having to work under those crooks...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Had to go with Burley.  Was close to going with Schteve but after a year he'd be throwing admiring glances at the Everton job when they decided they'd had enough with Martinez's blindness to defending.

George Burley had us playing some great stuff and signed Idiakez, Raziak, Bisgarrd & Reich for a 6th of what we paid Norwich for Johnson.  Plus he bloodied some youngsters so that's one of Mr Morris' philosophies ticked right there.  He really was the right manager at the wrong time.  Imagine what he could've done with decent backing instead of having to work under those crooks...

Blooded. I'm pretty sure Mel doesn't want the youth team bloodied. If that was true he'd have appointed Pearson by now.

I loved watching that Burley team and it's crazy to think that we unearthed players like the ones you mentioned for peanuts. I often wonder if all those transfers were entirely above board or whether Murdo had worked some of his nefarious black magic.

Voted clement, should have been given the full season to implement his ideas, and not having an over involved chairman giving ultimatums throughout his reign that would have no doubt added extra pressure and undermined his position at the club.

30 minutes ago, curtains said:

Mostyn we don't all buy into this what Mel wants stuff .

The fans are the club not Mel Morris. 

yes, cos Mel Morris clearly wants to appoint one of our ex-managers doesn't he Curtains?

You talk some sausage sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

yes, cos Mel Morris clearly wants to appoint one of our ex-managers doesn't he Curtains?

You talk some sausage sometimes.

Ok I'll ask you this .

I heard in another thread that Mel said the team selection was right last night it was just that we are low on confidence .

Now that worries me. 

Mel should not have any say In team selection 

ie Hanson etc etc.

Now I have no idea if he is involved in team selection or is influencing Wassall but if he us i would be disappointed.  

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ok I'll ask you this .

I heard in another thread that Mel said the team selection was right last night it was just that we are low on confidence .

Now that worries me. 

ie Hanson etc etc.

Now I have no idea if he is involved in team selection or is influencing Wassall but if he us i would be disappointed.  

why on earth would any sensible person get wound up about a chairman commenting on team selection after the event, even moreso when learnt via a rumour/comment on the internet?

Get out more.

18 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ok I'll ask you this .

Now that worries me. 

ie Hanson etc etc.

You heard on another thread from someone who never claimed to be ITK or explain why they were supposedly talking to our chairman and you take his word as absolute fact???  Makes sense...  If you spoke to half the fans on here they'd have said the team selection was spot on last night, but that's merely their opinion, they didn't choose it.

Saying that I'm sure you won't acknowledge this because you've either got me on your ignore list or you're very good at dismissing logical comments...

Just now, ramsbottom said:

You heard on another thread from someone who never claimed to be ITK or explain why they were supposedly talking to our chairman and you take his word as absolute fact???  Makes sense...  If you spoke to half the fans on here they'd have said the team selection was spot on last night, but that's merely their opinion, they didn't choose it.

Saying that I'm sure you won't acknowledge this because you've either got me on your ignore list or you're very good at dismissing logical comments...

Your not on my ignore list I have no one on that. 

IMO The team selection was totally wrong last night and we played rubbish surely you can't argue with that. 

41 minutes ago, Anon said:

Blooded. I'm pretty sure Mel doesn't want the youth team bloodied. If that was true he'd have appointed Pearson by now.

I loved watching that Burley team and it's crazy to think that we unearthed players like the ones you mentioned for peanuts. I often wonder if all those transfers were entirely above board or whether Murdo had worked some of his nefarious black magic.

It certainly makes you wonder how we managed to sign anyone, let alone the quality we did with those thieving bar-stewards in the background.  

If only a certain someone wasn't doing a certain something, with a certain somebody's, other something we'd have fared a lot better than we did under Perma-Tan Brown...

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Your not on my ignore list I have no one on that. 

IMO The team selection was totally wrong last night and we played rubbish surely you can't argue with that. 

Yes we played rubbish but a lot of people on here and other social network sites stated they'd like to see - 

Bryson > Hendrick

Russell > Blackman

And for Hanson to keep his place.

My point is, it's the chairman's opinion that it was the right selection.  Not that he chose it...

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Hypothetically, Wassall decides to step down, and we have to appoint one of our previous gaffers on a 2 year deal.

Which of these recent bosses would you pick?

poll feels like a Mel boardroom poll......"which one of these CV's shall we appoint(interview). Must quick before lots of Managers apply.......all chosen? Unanimous decision..... DW it is"

to answer your hypothetical question....has to be Nigel Clough.

7 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Yes we played rubbish but a lot of people on here and other social network sites stated they'd like to see - 

Bryson > Hendrick

Russell > Blackman

And for Hanson to keep his place.

My point is, it's the chairman's opinion that it was the right selection.  Not that he chose it...

That I can go along with and have no doubt Mel Morris has integrity. 

IMO He needs to understand he can't just predict the  future projection of the club .

He needs to keep his options open and still allow the Derby manager to wheel and deal. 

The manager can't manage unless he's allowed to do it his own way. 

The academy has a place and the players get well renumerated

43 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Paul Jewells' got one vote so let's have a poll on who on this forum is REALLY PJ? I'll go with Mostyn6 seeing as he's raised it and is probably trying to divert attention away from himself!

I'd be too busy making home videos if I was PJ!

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Paul Jewells' got one vote so let's have a poll on who on this forum is REALLY PJ? I'll go with Mostyn6 seeing as he's raised it and is probably trying to divert attention away from himself!

I see a strong correlation between Jewell's inability to manage a football team and curtains' inability to form a cohesive argument. 

curtains is Jewell. I claim my five pounds. 

39 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I see a strong correlation between Jewell's inability to manage a football team and curtains' inability to form a cohesive argument. 

curtains is Jewell. I claim my five pounds. 

You might be on to summat. Curtains likes his videos........

Archived