Holiday plans - 2016

Mostyn6

On 4 September 2016 at 14:18, Angry Ram said:

Sorry VS is Virgin flight prefix.. Let me know.

We did the online bid thing for an upgrade on the return flight from Orlando. We weren't successful but then bizarrely got a call from Virgin the day before flying home, asking if we were interested in upgrading and for £300 less in total than the value of our bid. Strange. 

I was reluctant to upgrade initially for this flight, as I thought it'd be a waste of money if we were hoping to be asleep most of the time. Although I didn't get much sleep (as normal on planes) I did feel a lot better than I have done in the past on an economy flight.

Never nice to be sat in your clothes all night, unable to sleep and then drive for 2 1/2 hours but I did feel a lot more rested and not as tired & achy on the drive home. I'd do it again. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, sage said:

Just booked Turkey for late May (just me). 4 days in Dalyan and 3 days in Olu Deniz.  

Love olu deniz, having a beer in the buzz bar at sunset is one of the best places in the world to be.

On 14 June 2016 at 07:07, Boycie said:

Where you going?

Malta Qawra Palace Hotel for 2 weeks all inclusive and plus a bonus England are playing Malta next September 1st. Happy days!! :) And yes I'll be half fan for ONE game next season (hopefully some **** team away lol) 

27 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Malta Qawra Palace Hotel for 2 weeks all inclusive and plus a bonus England are playing Malta next September 1st. Happy days!! :) And yes I'll be half fan for ONE game next season (hopefully some **** team away lol) 

I supposed to be in Malta this week, I have been called by chief sitting bull at AXA/Atlas :lol:

Qawra is pretty far from the action, visit Bugibba if you like the pubs out kind of thing, if you want a cheap car rental go on the Bugibba strip and don't get one from the airport because its horrifically priced and a huge deposit, visit Valletta because it is the most beautiful place on earth but don't go direct, go and park in the Sliema multi story car park and get the boat across (its only 2 euro'ish a pop) and makes it look outstanding and also makes parking the motor in Valletta easier, other points of interest are Gozo via the ferry (bumped into Billy Connolly there once) especially Xlendi and have a meal on the beach and see the sunset, other places of note are the old Capital Mdina (don't pay for parking) please note that the roads are like Donington Park on a race day and lawless, nightlife in Malta is in Paceville and you will be 100% safe on the Island, Maltese don't do crime and if you even look at wacky backy outside Paceville you will do time.

careful of the Sun it will burn your head off due to the African sands that blow throughout the land, enjoy yourself...

courtesy of Malta tourism board :lol:

56 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes that looks a great place. I haven't been to Turkey before so any tips would be great.  

I only know the Olu area really, as you will only have 3 days there i would say a drink and food in the buzz bar are a must, booking is required for food usually.

Jade restuarant is really nice too for a sunset meal.

If you get time go down to cinbal in kaya koy, they will usually pick you up, for a different type of meal, pick your own meats etc and cook on BBQ.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I only know the Olu area really, as you will only have 3 days there i would say a drink and food in the buzz bar are a must, booking is required for food usually.

Jade restuarant is really nice too for a sunset meal.

If you get time go down to cinbal in kaya koy, they will usually pick you up, for a different type of meal, pick your own meats etc and cook on BBQ.

I do that most weekends on my BBQ

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 01:04, Malagaram said:

Can confirm what you have said about Calpe Rich,we lived there in an appartment front line on the beach near to the Ffenon de Ifach,before moving to Alharine el Grande,happy memories there

Yes we've stayed in Calpe quite a few times - good place to chill - as it's not an all-night kind of place - but plenty of restaurants, bars etc and good beaches...the Ifach is pretty spectacular too!

What made you move from there Malagaram?

1 minute ago, RAMalicious said:

Yes we've stayed in Calpe quite a few times - good place to chill - as it's not an all-night kind of place - but plenty of restaurants, bars etc and good beaches...the Ifach is pretty spectacular too!

What made you move from there Malagaram?

Bailiffs :ph34r:

42 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Don't like to upset folk, but I'm currently sitting in the departure lounge at East Midlands Airport, or Castle Rock as it's known, nursing a San Miguel. 

Why would the notion of you being further away from them, upset folk?   :ph34r:

Archived