Anybody else quite enjoy Udders?

Alph

It's been weeks since I actually enjoyed a match. It's been stressful and frustrating. Before all this it was efficient and confident and satisfying. But yesterday I actually enjoyed the football that was played... by Huddersfield. 

I know it's easy to ruffle their heads as they are sent packing pointless. And Derby played their part in a great game too. But did anyone else think "we were like this" as Huddersfield were quick, decisive, suicidal attacking and creative. 

They had lows in the game and we caught them out enough. But they looked an impressive fun team. 

Everyone played with their head up, everyone knew where everyone was, everyone was confident enough to play under pressure. The tempo they set was impressive. For the first half there was a huge difference in the decision making. Rams taking 5 touches and ignoring the right pass until it was too late. Udders hitting the passes and carelessly going and supporting it.

They carved out some superb opportunities and should have done better (we know that feeling).

Saw how they reacted to the second goal and felt a tiny bit sorry for them. 

Was a good effort. Good fun. 

Fun! At football!  Weird

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's been weeks since I actually enjoyed a match. It's been stressful and frustrating. Before all this it was efficient and confident and satisfying. But yesterday I actually enjoyed the football that was played... by Huddersfield. 

I know it's easy to ruffle their heads as they are sent packing pointless. And Derby played their part in a great game too. But did anyone else think "we were like this" as Huddersfield were quick, decisive, suicidal attacking and creative. 

They had lows in the game and we caught them out enough. But they looked an impressive fun team. 

Everyone played with their head up, everyone knew where everyone was, everyone was confident enough to play under pressure. The tempo they set was impressive. For the first half there was a huge difference in the decision making. Rams taking 5 touches and ignoring the right pass until it was too late. Udders hitting the passes and carelessly going and supporting it.

They carved out some superb opportunities and should have done better (we know that feeling).

Fun! At football!  Weird

I was thinking the same after 30 mind. I was impressed with Paterson, thought he looked dangerous and wouldn't mind seeing him here, if he played like that most weeks.

I kind of agree , not going to Lord them upper too much as I thought we had good spells in the match which they struggled to contain . But yeah they are a good team and can see were there looking to go ! 

As for enjoying the match , yeah really enjoyed it as a spectator ! 

Yeah said similar to a few round me, they made it easy for us by playing so open Just lacked an end product.

Difference between the teams was we did have players that looked like scoring, in truth they never really convinced me they would, great to watch though and yes did play with their heads up, giving it a go, deserve some credit for their style of play.

21 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Great play, approach and attitude, but with players not quite good enough to pull it off.

Wagner for manager??

Then we could run out to 'Ride of the Valkyries'

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Fun! At football!  Weird

Yeah I enjoyed it. 

First game to have me on the edge of my seat for a while.

Fair play to Huddersfield for being one of the few teams to actually take the game to us this season.

I thought we were worthy winners in the end though and got in enough good positions to score more.

4 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

Agreed. I thought 2-0 wash harsh on them.

We probably deserved to win by at least that based on genuine chances - the shot that was blocked early on was pretty much their only real chance, the rest were mostly pot shots from outside the box.  Whereas we had the 2 we scored, and maybe another 6 decent chances for Ince(x3), Martin(x2) and Blackman.

It was good to see a team actually come and play though, rather than sit 10 men behind the ball and then foul and timewaste their way through the game.  If they keep playing like that and get a decent finisher, they'll be an outside bet for the playoffs next season.

I really enjoyed how they were so direct (but in a good way, they put their heads down and ran at us, not direct as in long ball). 

Concerning that with better quality players that playing style would have tore us apart. I really enjoyed how end to end it was. Just wish we could play some one touch football more often rather than taking 3/4 touches to then make the same pass we could have made with the first touch. 

The Russell goal was the closest we've looked to our best. A good, incisive attack finished with some real quality. Really hope Bryson begins to start. I love the energy he brings. 

Archived