Owen Bradley offside

jono

27 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Warnock's tweet was wrong in my opinion. (Thoughts in the match thread). No need for it, it's so easy to brush over now after a 3-1 win but the questions still need to be asked and I'm glad they were. 

During the McClaren to Newcastle speculation the Radio Derby guys came in for a lot of flack for not asking enough questions for fans, now they are people are still moaning.

It's not like Radio Derby are trying to sell papers or get paid per clicks, look at the online tweets and posts before kick off, it shouldn't be ignored regardless of the result.

Owen, what the hell have you done with Daveo?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I can't see the big deal, if we had a Ronaldo that the opposition would have planned the game around and he gave away he wasn't in the team I'd understand. Can't see Brentford getting an edge because they knew Stephen Warnock wasn't playing. 

My feeling is that the same should apply throughout the team. 

Ok it was "only Warnock" this time but what happens when it's Ince, Hendrick or who ever is on Twitter? 

Never saw a Bent or Weimann tweet when dropped, Warnock has been around long enough to know not to tweet like that.

No need, regardless of who it was and its easy to ignore after a 3-1 win but had we lost I can guarantee people would be moaning about it.

Think after last weeks bombshell with Wassall interview, Bradley was trying to get another reaction, failed miserably with Wassall this week im glad to hear and its something Wassall will gain experience with the media 

on the tweet it's like Wass said, he was told yesterday he want in the squad so what's up with that?

Just now, Daveo said:

My feeling is that the same rules should apply throughout the team. 

Ok it was "only Warnock" this time but what happens when it's Ince, Hendrick or who ever is on Twitter? 

Never saw a Bent or Weimann tweet when dropped, Warnock has been around long enough to know not to tweet like that.

No need, regardless of who it was and its easy to ignore after a 3-1 win but had we lost I can guarantee people would be moaning about it.

I see your point, but come match day it's not going to change much they would have been told the team an hour or so later anyway. I think people forget players are people and have a life outside of football, if he wants to tweet he's out for a coffee "on his day off" so to speak crack on I say. 

Warnock's tweet and the nature of OB's questioning are different issues.

I've no problem with Warnock tweeting. It was a positive 'call to arms' wasn't it?

I've no problem with the initial question by OB either. What became irksome was the way that he tried to keep pushing the issue when it was clear that DW knew nothing about it and would not be drawn on it.

Just now, YouRams said:

I see your point, but come match day it's not going to change much they would have been told the team an hour or so later anyway. I think people forget players are people and have a life outside of football, if he wants to tweet he's out for a coffee "on his day off" so to speak crack on I say. 

Yeah I get that but let's try and minimise the time the opposition know what we're playing and giving them any kind of tactical insight, both Olsson and Warnock are two totally different left backs.

I'm not forgetting he has a personal life outside of football, Warnock knew what he was doing today, at no point did he respond to all the mentions he was receiving about being dropped or injured.

Saw his arse and used Twitter, not on for me I'm sorry.

Warnock tweet was wrong, but it was the way he asked it at the end, and even after Wassall answered it, he persisted with asking it again, and then again trying so very hard for a negative response. 

The worst thing was "You said it's papering over the cracks" - Wassall said nothing of the sort. Putting words into his mouth.

I don't mind Owen, seems a nice chap, but come on pal, time and a place for those, not after what feels like our first win in years. Just brings a bit of negativity back. 

Btw, Wassall handled those questions very well. 

3 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Yeah I get that but let's try and minimise the time the opposition know what we're playing and giving them any kind of tactical insight, both Olsson and Warnock are two totally different left backs.

I'm not forgetting he has a personal life outside of football, Warnock knew what he was doing today, at no point did he respond to all the mentions he was receiving about being dropped or injured.

Saw his arse and used Twitter, not on for me I'm sorry.

I honestly can't see any malice in it, he always tweets random day to day stuff. Slightly unprofessional granted, and on a personal note if I was a pro and not involved I'd still be travelling to watch my team but that's another story. 

18 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Warnock tweet was wrong, but it was the way he asked it at the end, and even after Wassall answered it, he persisted with asking it again, and then again trying so very hard for a negative response. 

The worst thing was "You said it's papering over the cracks" - Wassall said nothing of the sort. Putting words into his mouth.

I don't mind Owen, seems a nice chap, but come on pal, time and a place for those, not after what feels like our first win in years. Just brings a bit of negativity back. 

Btw, Wassall handled those questions very well. 

Seems a nice chap? Key stage 1 school teacher material I'm afraid

Also thinking there's getting a bit of a them and us divide between media and club as well.... Conspiracy theorist that I am... Wonder if Colin Gibson will be able to "paper over those cracks" :p

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Just sack Ramage.

Moans like a bitch unless we're winning no matter how we're playing. 

That's the solution to this

Sack Ramage... Clement replaces him until end of season...

To be fair to Owen, maybe we should be questioning the producers of the show as well. They surely have some input on the questioning/final say/angle. I don't think he always sounds comfortable with the more awkward questions, like he knows they are inappropriate. 

I don't think that the opposition would base their team selection or tactics on information gleaned from Twitter would they? If so then they deserve to get beaten. 

Plus, seeing as the fans have been saying that our line ups are picked by putting numbered balls in a bag and shaking them up then it's not going to help them knowing one player is in Costa Coffee really is it? 

Archived