Owen Bradley offside

jono

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Sinking is a tad harsh. We've had a terrible recent history in terms of dissapointment. We all want the best for the club so let's stay behind the club! 

boooooooooooooooooo

I couldn't disagree more. Just because it's local radio doesn't entitle the club to expect the obvious question to be allowed to pass unsaid.

i thought DW's reaction oversensitive personally and bordering on slightly childish. Had he not been asked the question, it would been disrespectful to the audience - it had to be asked even if it's been over sensationalised...and I'm not sure it has; it seems a pretty careless act on match day for an experienced footballer who was captain only a couple of weeks ago - and almost would have been condescending to DW had it not been asked.

As it happens, his answer was fine; the passive-aggressive displeasure he showed in giving the response sat poorly with me. My first thought (to be honest) was that it was how Tim Sherwood would have reacted. It smacked of a sense of defensiveness and/or entitlement to me when it could have simply been patted away quite easily.

Sorry but im not buying what is being sold in this thread. I subscribe to Rams player and have to listen to Colin Gibson spoon feed every interviewee. It's painful to listen to.  Questions like "isn't it a great feeling playing in front of thousands of Derby fans" . Seriously ? Owen asks the best questions 24-7. He is the one who put clement on the spot with his "are you concerned about your position" questions and clement was rattled. Turns out his goose was indeed cooked! Owen pushes for questions about specific players etc which is what we want to know. The Warnock question was interesting because it highlighted a big issue - a player revealing he's not in the squad - and the answer revealed how little DW thinks of Warnock (which I happen to agree with - he works hard but man, he's a shaky defender and An even lesser attacking wing back). He's clearly out of our plans but that needs to happen to trim this squad to a close knit force who sincerely believe they are contributing . The whole "delighted" thing was important too because it was clear that DW realised he shouldn't have said that which is why he kept coming back to it (DW should have let it go as ramage said). The bent question on touches got us the answer that he was happy with bents performance... 

Its not Owens job to just be asking positive questions that affirm our good feelings after a game. He asks questions that make the coach think about the tough things. And whatever he asks isn't going to dampen our mood surely. Regardless we are thrilled with the players and with DW and his pumped up celebration and Brian clough citation. And best of all we are Fitter!!! It didn't tarnish nuttin.

Keep up the good work mr Bradley ! 

Wtf is this thread about? Bizarre. 

Owen Bradley and Darren Wassall will be fine. Seems clear to me that OB has a good rapport with everyone at the club. Maybe the manner in which he asked the questions overstepped the mark today, but for a young journalist like him, how else is he going to learn?

This is local radio. It's never perfect. And Owen Bradley is not an experienced broadcaster. He's not going to be perfect either.

I've always thought OB asks really good questions and presents SportsScene in a really relaxed manner, and will go on to bigger and better things. It's going to take more than an ill-judged question to make me change my mind on that.

And STILL he gets criticism for asking PC if his job was under pressure. It was! He was sacked!! FFS.

39 minutes ago, Antonedcfc said:

Tbh i lost interest on this post reading half way through the first paragraph 

Tbh wasn't interested at first, but now that this topic has somehow veered into "on a rugged handsome scale of 1 [safe] to 10 [dangerous], how would you rate Owen Bradley?" territory, I'm definitely interested.

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

I've got a tough question

How does Owen Bradley sit darn with Daveo half up his arris? 

That's a tough question. Not some **** about a bloke having a coffee. 

With great difficulty and it's a bit dark in here

I've just listened again and I don't see anything wrong with it. DW spoke several times about the togetherness of the squad and mentioned players who weren't involved, Wiemann, Thorne and Hughes but didn't say anything about Warnock, a senior member of the squad so in my eyes OB was well within his rights to ask about the tweet. In my opinion given the job he is tasked with doing he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. DW came across a little defensive but again it may of caught him off guard. He is new to the role and still learning, I wasn't keen on the repeated 'am I allowed to say delighted'. He deserved the criticism he got last week because to say he was absolutely delighted after the MK game was disappointing. But an important win nonetheless onwards and upwards. 

COYR

7 hours ago, Ninos said:

Sorry but im not buying what is being sold in this thread. 

Its not Owens job to just be asking positive questions that affirm our good feelings after a game. He asks questions that make the coach think about the tough things.

Keep up the good work mr Bradley ! 

But they weren't "tough questions" .. They were more like " sir sir Stephen Warnock is eating chewing gum in class" or "it's not fair sir Darren Bent has already had a go" ... Now if he'd asked a proper question like ... What are you going to do in training so that we can turn more of our chances in to goals .. Then I'd be interested.   

7 hours ago, eddie said:

Why does everything and everybody have to be psychoanalysed every fecking week?

Comeon dont you know anything...we won so we need to find someone or something else to moan about..

10 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I've just listened again and I don't see anything wrong with it. DW spoke several times about the togetherness of the squad and mentioned players who weren't involved, Wiemann, Thorne and Hughes but didn't say anything about Warnock, a senior member of the squad so in my eyes OB was well within his rights to ask about the tweet. In my opinion given the job he is tasked with doing he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. DW came across a little defensive but again it may of caught him off guard. He is new to the role and still learning, I wasn't keen on the repeated 'am I allowed to say delighted'. He deserved the criticism he got last week because to say he was absolutely delighted after the MK game was disappointing. But an important win nonetheless onwards and upwards. 

COYR

Yeah i didnt like that either, it sort of smacks of paying too much attention to what people are saying, if your confident in your job get on with it and dont worry about it. I think it was fair to ask about warnock, gone from captain to not even on the bench in the space if 2 or 3 weeks, so ask the question, the decision to drop him may be right and thats fine but i see no issue in asking thise questions.

Archived