Owen Bradley offside

jono

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. How many times have Radio Derby been criticised for not asking the tough questions in the past. Owen does a good job for me and in actual fact the interview seems to have put Wassall's stock up with most by the way he dealt with it. So all round maybe not such a bad thing for everyone

Im sure Wassall will have to deal with tougher questions before the season is out!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

god some people are just desperate to get upset or be offended about something.

Wassall came out of the awkward questioning with credit, cos he showed he can stick his heels in, and showed that Brian Clough type of steely determination not to be undermined.

Owen Bradley came out with credit cos he's no longer seen as a soft touch journalist scared of asking tough questions.

If that conversation (or any similar) never happened, then there'd be accusations and opinions that would be that Wassall cannot handle media, and Bradley is a soft journo.

As far as I'm concerned, Derby fans just keep sinking and sinking!

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Wassall came out of the awkward questioning with credit, cos he showed he can stick his heels in, and showed that Brian Clough type of steely determination not to be undermined.

Owen Bradley came out with credit cos he's no longer seen as a soft touch journalist scared of asking tough questions.

If that conversation (or any similar) never happened, then there'd be accusations and opinions that would be that Wassall cannot handle media, and Bradley is a soft journo.

I just don't bother throwing my hat in on these sorts of discussions any more. They are far too frequent and it's tiresome, this isn't even that bad of a discussion to have but it's just another straw. 

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Sinking is a tad harsh. We've had a terrible recent history in terms of dissapointment. We all want the best for the club so let's stay behind the club! 

2 hours ago, Daveo said:

Warnock's tweet was wrong in my opinion. (Thoughts in the match thread). No need for it, it's so easy to brush over now after a 3-1 win but the questions still need to be asked and I'm glad they were. 

During the McClaren to Newcastle speculation the Radio Derby guys came in for a lot of flack for not asking enough questions for fans, now they are people are still moaning.

It's not like Radio Derby are trying to sell papers or get paid per clicks, look at the online tweets and posts before kick off, it shouldn't be ignored regardless of the result.

I take your point Daveo but don't necessarily agree. Sure we want searching questions asked but there is a time and a place. It has been a torrid couple of months and a new man is in charge of the team. The team has responded and we all want some unity .. So OB picks this moment to play investigative journalist ? So so wrong. Maclaren rocked the boat when he wriggled sideways over the Newcastle approach .. He was wriggling and needed to be put on the spot. DW wasn't .. Owen Bradley was making a story ..,or trying to make one and doing it at the wrong time. Warnocks tweet might be interpreted as a bit off . But it's a "might" and open to interpretation. Bradley asked his question and still came back for seconds. He was digging for a bit sensational bit of gossip when he should be reporting on the match. ( IMO ! ) 

7 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Sinking is a tad harsh. We've had a terrible recent history in terms of dissapointment. We all want the best for the club so let's stay behind the club! 

not at all, we've had a couple of the best years in terms of football and competitiveness in 20 years, yet fans were griping under McClaren, hounding him out and ruining the confidence of players. We've had fans physically intimidating players when we were top of the league. We have fans shouting stupid things at players during games when we are winning.

I'm afraid to say, the justified disappointment came way after the fans poor behaviour!

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I don't think trying to generate "hello" magazine type story lines qualifies as journalism. I am not "offended" by OB or his reporting .. I just think he sounded like a gossip monger rather than a match reporter 

Whatever anyone says about the team selection, we won 3-1. The selection was the correct one.

And RD? They've been **** for years. Seeing Steve Nicholson's face on every Twitter link posted or the listening/reading to smug Owen Bradley lead me to stop taking notice of RD donkeys ago.

That and the fact they're always the last with news - there is not point to them.

5 minutes ago, deano180 said:

It's not, it's the type of conversation I would be having with him if we were talking about his development at RD, sorry he's not up to the job

So who is then?

I thought I'd better post the tweet here to get some conversation going again. Got this vision of OB frantically refreshing the page on this thread waiting for someone else to start talking **** about him so he can throw some shade back on Twitter.

I would like to fan the flames of this Internet beef. Think it'll be a laugh.

Some of the comments are pretty harsh to suggest Radio Derby should "get rid" of him or that he's a useless journo. We know he reads this board so of course you don't have to love him but don't make it so personal. I often use his account to read a lot of Derby news because he's very good at quick reporting and saying it how it is.

P.s Owen if you want to reference me in a tweet that'd be pretty cute :wub:

Just think he could do with a week off in the Canaries... Come back fresh and ready to go... But if sunshine etc.... Not saying he done owt wrong mind!

Archived