Owen Bradley offside

jono

We don't want yes men and asking awkward questions at the right time is important in reporting faithfully .. but stirring the muck isn't right and isn't journalism..

In my opinion Owen Bradley got it very wrong when trying to draw DW in to criticism of both Darren Bent and Steven Warnock

He was behaving like a today programme interviewer trying to nail a politician, catch his man out, for me it stank !

this is local radio, we had just won after a long barren spell and he was trying to find for dissent and discord .. Looking for an East Enders story or a daily mail headline. Ask a question Owen .. But stop trying to write news that isn't there. Poor,  cheap self promoting journalism. Owen You're not the story. When you got a reasonable explanation from DW you came back for more. This isn't the today programme 

As it happens Warnock said very little in a simple tweet and Bradley clearly doesn't understand how players like Bent operate. So why spoil a good positive day. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed - Strange after putting such an awful run to bed in such an exciting way to try put a negative spin on it on local radio. Fair enough on national radio, but 80% of the people listening are Derby fans, and to be frank we didn't care what the answers were to the questions he was asking.

Poor journalism, very unprofessional and clearly has absolutely no idea what people want to hear.

Said it on the other thread, he ended it on a down note and probably should have left it to another day. I could maybe understand the Warnock question, but to call out Bent like that was harsh. 

Wassall even answered the Warnock question, and then he asked it again, trying to get a negative reaction. 

Warnock didn't say anything negative, he just said he was out for coffee this morning. OB tried to draw Wassell into saying it was wrong. Sloppy. 

It started a few weeks ago by pressing PC to say that he felt his job was under threat. I know OB will say that he asks what the fans want to know but his recent stuff has made me cringe 

4 minutes ago, Rams forever said:

Poor from radio derby,might even tempt me to ring in Monday and give them some stick!

Totally agree. I always listen in to Radio Derby and generally think their coverage of Rams and Burton games are very good. However Owen Bradley has in my opinion over stepped the mark on more than one occasion recently. PLEASE STOP IT OWEN. Needed to be positive today but left the coverage with a bitter taste in everyones' ear.

Warnock's tweet was wrong in my opinion. (Thoughts in the match thread). No need for it, it's so easy to brush over now after a 3-1 win but the questions still need to be asked and I'm glad they were. 

During the McClaren to Newcastle speculation the Radio Derby guys came in for a lot of flack for not asking enough questions for fans, now they are people are still moaning.

It's not like Radio Derby are trying to sell papers or get paid per clicks, look at the online tweets and posts before kick off, it shouldn't be ignored regardless of the result.

Even Gibbo wouldn't have asked those questions after a 3-1 win and he could be a twerp! Then again he wasn't obsessed with Twitter like Bradley.

Come on Owen, we are football fans, not listening the politics show and you're not Jeremy Paxman either.

Get behind them when they've won, help create the feel good factor and take your wannabe journalist hat off.

16 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Warnock's tweet was wrong in my opinion. (Thoughts in the match thread). No need for it, it's so easy to brush over now after a 3-1 win but the questions still need to be asked and I'm glad they were. 

During the McClaren to Newcastle speculation the Radio Derby guys came in for a lot of flack for not asking enough questions for fans, now they are people are still moaning.

It's not like Radio Derby are trying to sell papers or get paid per clicks, look at the online tweets and posts before kick off, it shouldn't be ignored regardless of the result.

How was Owen when you met him at the MK game?

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

How was Owen when you met him at the MK game?

Seemed fine and bunged me a tenner to deflect any criticism of him on the forum, so here I am.

Forget the money tho, Warnock's tweet was still wrong, 3-1 win, 10-0 win or 5-0 loss. 

2 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Seemed fine and bunged me a tenner to deflect any criticism of him on the forum, so here I am.

Forget the money tho, Warnock's tweet was still wrong, 3-1 win, 10-0 win or 5-0 loss. 

I can't see the big deal, if we had a Ronaldo that the opposition would have planned the game around and he gave away he wasn't in the team I'd understand. Can't see Brentford getting an edge because they knew Stephen Warnock wasn't playing. 

I think OB does a great job on Radio Derby. His interview with Mel Morris after the Clement sacking is proof of that. Asked all the tough questions in a professional and considered way, and got the answers us fans were looking for.

The Warnock tweet was an odd thing for a senior player to do, and also indicated he wasn't travelling with the team. With everything that's kicking off at the club during another big change-around, it's only right that these things need to be questioned, regardless of the result. It's OB's job as a journalist to give Darren Wassell the opportunity to address the issues at hand. And note, he quickly asked about it at the end, and didn't base the entire interview around it. Nothing malicious at all, just doing his duty to get a comment from the manager to appease fans.

Archived