POLL: Who will be first to have a "stormer"?

Mostyn6

Who'll be the first to have a stormer!  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The traditional Derby Way in my mind is someone having a storming game one week, then another player the next week.

We haven't had a standout performer for ages, maybe Butterfield has been closest, with maybe Ince before that.

I cannot decide whether it's alarming, or a good thing, that there are (at least) 11 people in our squad capable of being the match-winning, goal-scoring, hero - man of the match, but trying to be positive, I'd suggest it should give hope.

So, who do you think will be the first?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Nice little positive poll. I voted Blackman.

see, my thoughts are that whoever gets selected in the next game needs to pull something out of the bag, because the first team selected that wins, will be selected for the rest of the season (unless injuries and suspensions affect), so there's going to be a lot of players not getting pitch time.

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Ince has been pouting ever since post Bristol where he played centrally scored a hat trick and was banging on about how he loved playing there ... 

He's kind of got a point. JR played there on satdee and was rubbish.

And ince was rubbish too.

I cant remember but does anyone know if Wassall in charge when Hendrick started appearing for the first team?

If he was, I cant help but wonder if this will help improve Hendrick's game in the upcoming matches- he could be familiar with how Wassall prefers his teams to play, while Wassall understands where Hendrick's strengths/weaknesses lie and knows how to get the most out of him on the pitch.

Also I felt like Hendrick looked the most consistent player vs. MK Dons despite the team as a whole not at their best; this could've just been Hendrick having one of his good days, but with Hughes not back yet and Thorne looking iffy regarding injuries, I'm hoping Wassall can kick Hendrick's form up a notch.

Butters was a 4-4-2 man before he came here, if Superwass contines 4-4-2 it's got to be one of Hendrick and Bryson with Butters and we'll see him pull the strings the way idiakez used to with Brydrick making the running to Martin and a.n.other with oh Brad rediscovering his liletts wings and Ince deciding to be good for a change we.............I'm getting carried away.

I stand by Butters though. plus he has the odd goal in him.

Another cracking thread from the mad mad world of dcfcfans.

its better than Monty Python on here tonight.

well done lads.

cheered me up no end. 

I voted Weimann by the way as the result of a severe bang on the head.

Archived