The Chris Martin dilemma

Sexydadbod

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Makes me almost cry to think that Bournemouth are quite rightly being lauded as the most hard working team in the Premier League and who also play lovely fluid possession football. When we drew 2-2 at their place last season it was a great fairly even game but my goodness we more than matched them in a great game. Hats off to McLaren for that.

To quote The Sun 'A superb match between two sides who wouldn't just survive in the PL, but could set it alight'!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think the problem is deeper as no matter who we have started this season and in which shape it has not really made much difference to the performance, the team spirit is and has been lacking 99% of the time if a coach/ any coach can get that back we are stronger than we were at our best last season ( minus will of course) , it's up to Mel to put the right man there in charge , we have our views who that would be but Mel makes the final decision

26 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

What was the starting line up that night?

• 1 Grant
  • 2 Christie
  • 6 Keogh
  • 5 Buxton
  • 3 Forsyth
  • 8 Hendrick
  • 33 Mascarell
  • 19 Hughes
  • 23 Ince
  • 9 Martin  (Bent at 15 minutes)
  • 10 Ward (Dawkins at 66minutes)

1 minute ago, eddie said:
  • 1 Grant
  • 2 Christie
  • 6 Keogh
  • 5 Buxton
  • 3 Forsyth
  • 8 Hendrick
  • 33 Mascarell
  • 19 Hughes
  • 23 Ince

Thanks.

Hughes apart, we have better players now.

Just goes to show how rotten things are.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Thanks.

Hughes apart, we have better players now.

Just goes to show how rotten things are.

Sum of the parts and all that stuff.

Can point fingers at any individuals. 

It's the collective that's the problem. Player A can play alright but he needs Player B to play to his strengths to be anything more than alright.

When was the last time you'd give a player 9/10? 8/10?

Don't you think that's odd? We have some good players and none are flying the flag? Usually an out of form team will have a few players that are in form. 

The problem with us is nobody really knows the plan. They don't know their role within the team. Half the time they don't even know the team. They don't know each other and the movements of each other. 

We've lost that telepathy. There are no good partnerships. Even Keogh and Shackell are confused where to aim the ball.

And playing 442 changed the positional awareness even more. 

All forward players look crap. Because we can't play through teams and we haven't got the players to go over them.

Major work needed now

18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Can point fingers at any individuals. 

It's the collective that's the problem. Player A can play alright but he needs Player B to play to his strengths to be anything more than alright.

When was the last time you'd give a player 9/10? 8/10?

Don't you think that's odd? We have some good players and none are flying the flag? Usually an out of form team will have a few players that are in form. 

The problem with us is nobody really knows the plan. They don't know their role within the team. Half the time they don't even know the team. They don't know each other and the movements of each other. 

We've lost that telepathy. There are no good partnerships. Even Keogh and Shackell are confused where to aim the ball.

And playing 442 changed the positional awareness even more. 

All forward players look crap. Because we can't play through teams and we haven't got the players to go over them.

Major work needed now

oi oi, someone was listening! ;)

1 hour ago, eddie said:
  • 1 Grant
  • 2 Christie
  • 6 Keogh
  • 5 Buxton
  • 3 Forsyth
  • 8 Hendrick
  • 33 Mascarell
  • 19 Hughes
  • 23 Ince

I remember Dawkins coming on and us bossing it from then on. Howe ended up replacing wingers with full backs to hang on. 

7 minutes ago, sage said:

I remember Dawkins coming on and us bossing it from then on. Howe ended up replacing wingers with full backs to hang on. 

Yes - I think that Bournemouth and Fulham in the cup were probably the best we ever saw from Dawkins.

32 minutes ago, sage said:

Mascarell had a good game as well - second half just stood on the half way line and threaded passes in all directions. We looked blooming good and it does almost reduce one to tears.

3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

To quote The Sun 'A superb match between two sides who wouldn't just survive in the PL, but could set it alight'!

Not really Derby related, but it'd be interesting to see how many points Bournemouth would have had Arter not missed the start of the season, Atsu and Gradel hadn't have picked up ACL's before the season even started and Wilson hadn't done his ACL after seven games (having bagged 5 goals by that point). 

On 14 February 2016 at 19:21, McLovin said:

Surely people can't be happy with how he has performed for the majority of the season? Got to feel for Bent and Weimann(as a striker). It's not healthy for team morale that he has been favouritised. I find it really strange how people want us to build the team around a player who hasn't scored a goal in open play for 3-4 months. Yes he has scored 20+ goals over the last few seasons but I feel a spell on the bench for the foreseeable will be beneficial for  both him and the team.

3-4 months??????????? Hahahahahaha you're so wrong at that one, it's 2 months at the moment. Martin will start ahead of others.

7 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

3-4 months??????????? Hahahahahaha you're so wrong at that one, it's 2 months at the moment. Martin will start ahead of others.

no its almost 4 months. The post you quoted said open play. Yes martin scored a penalty in December but his last open play goal was October 24th

11 minutes ago, davenportram said:

no its almost 4 months. The post you quoted said open play. Yes martin scored a penalty in December but his last open play goal was October 24th

I told you to go away and stop quoting me...

Archived