More or less likely?

Srg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Hard to comment, until Saturday. Even then, it still wouldn't be fair.

For what its worth though, about the same.

I think that probably sums it up, doesn't it?

Most people seem to think, myself included, that we are no less likely now than we were with Clement which should be very telling.

In a weird way, Mel's removed a lot of the pressure to go up this season by getting rid of PC, which if the lads use to play with a bit of freedom will probably improve our performances drastically.

I'd say we were headed to the play-off's with Clement and we're headed to the play-off's with Wassall.

Id say less likely. What i cannot understand is how people think that going up this season shouldnt be priority.... we should be going up this season... same as last season and the season before.... if we dont then next season will be our 3rd in this league AFTER the heartbreak of wembley.... why people think we shouldnt be aiming to go up while we are still only 5 points off the top 2 shocks me.... as does the fact that we wont be having a permanent manager now considering the position we are in

I'd say probably about the same but the question will be easier to answer in 2 or 3 games time. Nobody knows who or how we're going to play. If we find a consistent squad who play good football, can score goals and re-find our defence from earlier this season we have a great chance. Teams are slipping up a lot above us. It's far from over, even automatically.

We could play exactly the same and lose a few, to which I'd then say less likely. Although Clement's football wasn't the best, we did find ways to win a lot without actually playing well. I think if Clement had got the full season we'd have finished in the top 6 purely because we managed to get results we maybe didn't deserve. We'd probably have got found out in the play-offs but that's a lottery.

So right now, neither more nor less likely. In a few games I'll either be very optimistic that we can still do it, or very pessimistic and praying we don't end up falling below Forest. That would be horrible.

Haven't a clue really....although you'd have to say it was starting to look very unlikely under Clement. But then he may have turned things around...who knows.  All mere speculation and guesswork now, but isn't that what fans do.  With that in mind..

More likely! 

Strangely, I feel we have a better chance.

It feels like we have a very good squad but for whatever reason they didn't look as though they were buying in to Clement's style and they all looked as though they were shackled under Clement.

Maybe now the players can go and play with a bit more freedom and with no pressure, who knows where we can go?

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think that probably sums it up, doesn't it?

Most people seem to think, myself included, that we are no less likely now than we were with Clement which should be very telling.

I said the same because its the same bunch of players.

If the attitude and application was wrong, then you can say the ability was always there.

If the players aren't good enough, then we weren't going up anyway.

Archived