More or less likely?

Srg

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this kind of thing has already been posted.

I'm going slightly more likely because I believe at least two players displayed their displeasure with Clement's philosophy quite openly (faces like smacked arses for months) so I'd be interested to see if that particularly changes. I don't include Butterfield in that, he always looks like he's lost a tenner and found a pound.

The above observation is only based on the televised games I've seen, obviously supporters that watch live week in week out may see things differently and I am happy to be corrected.

It is my belief there are players not losing any sleep over Clement's departure therefore I wonder if with a change of tactics (I would believe DW will/has consulted Keogh) a tad more enthusiasm might be forthcoming from the two I suspect had the hump with Clement. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wassel is an unknown quantity so it's hard to categorically state more likely but for me I feel certain that we are most definitely not less likely to go up because of the switch as I honestly feel our  promotion chances were dead in the water with clement in charge I firmly believe Mel Morris felt that way too but clement would still be in position if promotion was dead in the water points wise but we had a happy squad of players looking like they were trying to play decent attractive football that would come together given time, don't know if the above makes sense but I know what I'm trying to say, my gut feeling is that Mel knows what he wants for Derby county and would have let clement continue if he felt promotion was not dead in the water with him and would then have been strong enough to replace him at the end of the season with a manager he felt would do the right job for Derby ,,, if my gut feeling is right and I've picked that up from the outside don't you think Mel Morris and Sam rush could see that far clearer from the inside? All opinions of course but that's mine

4 hours ago, SIWY said:

Strangely, I feel we have a better chance.

It feels like we have a very good squad but for whatever reason they didn't look as though they were buying in to Clement's style and they all looked as though they were shackled under Clement.

Maybe now the players can go and play with a bit more freedom and with no pressure, who knows where we can go?

Pretty much my thoughts. It's outrageous to compare us to Real Madrid, but still similar situation. Tactical genius, but poor man manager was replaced by youth team manager. Look what happened!

Players of course are on different level, league is tighter etc.. but then again, Zidane didn't do good job at all with youngsters where DW did.

Lets put it this way if PC was still here i wouldnt fancy us beating anyone from now until May. With that in mind Dazza should be able to pick up a win from somewhere.

I am actually looking forward to Saturday. Before Mondays bombshell i was debating whether to go to the match against MKD or unblock the drain. Drain would have won hands down.......not no more

Fair play is for the players to earn their wages with effort even if their touch on the ball has been lost a bit. You do not have to be on top form to RUN back and cover a space or a potential pass do you? You can stand on the line and let a shot hit you. You can pressurise someone to stop them having the run of the park. Sunday league players do that every week and all for the fun of playing without being paid!!! If players will not work hard then they should go down a division to another club and find whatever level suits them. Derby players are getting paid a lot of money and they have a great life while they are playing. Generally speaking the harder they try to improve, the more money they get. Is this too simple?

Probably more of a chance just because we have talented flair players that are match winners, but have been stifled by negative boring tactics. I hope the first free kick or throw in we have the taker looks forwards first to be positive and not backwards as the last 30 odd games.

all in all I just want to be entertained and not see my son sat next to me playing Fifa on his ps vita!!

Archived