More or less likely?

Srg

I think we will know after Saturday,

if the lads show some spirit and some fight then we have every chance, at the end of the day we have seen this team at its best and its better than most in this league, unfortunately we have also seen them at their lowest,

its all about fight in this league and togetherness, you don't have to be the best but you do have to play as a team, lets see if we can play as a team on Saturday and take it from there !

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that Mel has consistently said is that he wants to be completely prepared for the Premier League. How can getting promoted with an interim manager who knows he is more likely to get replaced at the end of the season provide that stability?

I would love to get promoted, but I'd hate to go straight back down too because we lack stability or consistent performances.

2 minutes ago, Shang said:

One thing that Mel has consistently said is that he wants to be completely prepared for the Premier League. How can getting promoted with an interim manager who knows he is more likely to get replaced at the end of the season provide that stability?

I would love to get promoted, but I'd hate to go straight back down too because we lack stability or consistent performances.

Does mel see it as a win win ?

I read that the team that finishes bottom in the premiership next season will receive £99 million,

im sure he would prefer stability and that we stay up but can he lose ?

I couldn't see us going up this season under Clement, now with a new manager there is a little more hope we can go on a good run then you never know what might happen. I think we have good players its just getting them playing with confidence and in a shape and style of play that suits them.

16 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

at the end of the day we have seen this team at its best and its better than most in this league

I disagree - or, at least, I hope there's more.

We've not thumped anyone with a scintillating performance yet. There was a 20 minute spell against Wolves and large parts of the game at home to Charlton where I think we looked like a very good side, and the first 20 minutes of Hull away were special.

But we're over 30 games into the season, and I still can't cobble together a 90 minute performance which gets the heart race going out of a possible 3240.

Paul Clement was superb at finding points in a variety of ways.

Just now, top 6 finish said:

I have to reluctantly say less.Nothing against Wassall who is doing good at the

moment,where he is. He has been thrown in at the deep end,and hasn't even had a

vote of confidence from the owner,think we will be treading water ror the rest of the

season. I hope to be proved wrong.

That's a sentence I've seen a ridiculous amount of recently. 

2 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Wassall who is doing good at the moment,where he is. He has been thrown in at the deep end,and hasn't even had a

vote of confidence from the owner

Eh?. He's just been promoted and told he's got til the end of the season at least, oh, and there's no pressure if we don't get promoted but it would be very nice all the same.

Why on earth would he need a vote of confidence on top of that?

I feel its the same as when PC was here.Our form and play in general has not been good for awhile now and that obviously needs to change rapidly if we want to get promoted or just make the playoffs.

We shall see against MK Dons Saturday in regards to how Wassall goes about his business and hopefully the Rams play with some enthusiasm and grit and move on from there.

One would assume that any players who were disgruntled with Clement will no longer be disgruntled for that reason. So we should be better off. We KNOW that the players can play better. If they do not now play for their places, they know that they will be on their way, because any excuses have gone. Derby players should be trying their very best to win their next game, one at a time. If they are not, then why are they here?

Same but lets see what the next few weeks of results bring I think if we don't get some good results soon than we will be getting a new manager earlier than next season. I still don't get why if we are looking at Pearson and he is free now we don't get him in. Whoever we do eventually get we need a tired and tested manager with championship experience. Wassall has less experience and credibility within the football world I imagine than Clement and he didnt work out ? Go figure....

The fact is that over the last 7 league games we have acquired 4 points out of a possible 21. In the process we have lost convincingly at home against Birmingham in a very poor display and drawn at home against Leeds, Reading and Preston. Home form is crucial, poor performances AND only 3 points out of 12 was never going to be acceptable against four very average sides. Away defeats to Middlesborugh and Burnley are perhaps more acceptable but to not win at Fulham was probably the last straw especially after a very ineffectual display in the previous home game v Preston.and rather obligingly rolling over and having our tummies tickled against the Mancs.

I am looking forward to Saturday's game which I haven't really done for a while.My own opinion is that we are now more likely to get promoted. Team selection will be interesting and may decide the outcome. As someone has already said there is no i in team! If we win and win well levels of expectation will soar...........

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Same - I didn't think we'd go up under Clement and I don't think we'll go up under Wassall. 

If we appoint a decent manager on Monday we'd be more likely to up though

Wassall's brief is to get the team enjoying their football and performing to the ability they have. If he achieves that fair play. 

Archived