Talk sport with Alan Brazil

glyn1957

Said something of the same effect two days ago. Again it was dismissed by the fanboys:

"And he comes off as someone who does not know how to manage upward (i.e., our club owner). What we can see on and off the pitch -- tinkering with formations, Plan Bs, changing captains, not dropping Johnson, dropping Bent, etc. -- are probably something Mel mentioned casually in conversations, and PC carried them out faithfully. Just speculations, of course, but PC comes off as someone like that. A good No. 2 material but can never be a No. 1, given his personality attributes. Players are not stupid and they can sense things. Plus Mel visited the dressing room? It was the last straw IMO. PC was undermined in the face."

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Talk Spite is rubbish, Brazil is an old washed up rambling drunk anyone who listens to the drivel he spouts should be taken out back and shot.

At first I thought you were being a tad harsh on the intellectually challenged, but no. I think your proposal is very fair on the rest of society.

3 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Morris did have an angry rant in the dressing room, positive or not. But someone suggesting he tells Clement who he picks is not fair. If I was Morris, I'd ring up the talksport breakfast show and ask him to name his source.

Leaks happen at all football clubs, people have lives outside the clubs and they do share information. I hear a lot more than I post but it wouldn't be fair on the person who tells me to post it all. I don't like to post anything if it would tarnish the club in a negitive light, and/or affect the dealings within the club. 

My "source" (more of a very good friend) isn't a player, nor a member of the footballing staff, but is in a position to know the daily goings on at the club. And no, it's not Morris or Rush :lol:

Colin Gibson? :ph34r:

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Did sam longson ever interfere in selection?

i'm not sure thats true.

'Brian. A word.'

'Yes Sam?'

'That Jeff Bourne, you know, the lad we just signed from Burton.  He's been on the bench quite a lot recently.'

'Take your point Sam.  He's playing Saturday'

ITK

9 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

'Brian. A word.'

'Yes Sam?'

'That Jeff Bourne, you know, the lad we just signed from Burton.  He's been on the bench quite a lot recently.'

'Take your point Sam.  He's playing Saturday'

ITK

Interesting Clough was mentioned

Mel would not pick someone like Clough. He said so himself in his recent interview:

As a chairman I think it must have been a nightmare at times for Sam Longson. In my view big egos and football clubs don’t go well together.

With this realization, he picked someone who is the exact opposite of Clough. No experience but very manageable.

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Im happy because I want them in, but obviously Clement doesn't rate them. All of a sudden he has seen enough for them to be involved.

Maybe Clement wanted to keep them involved but was told he had to pick Blackman and Camara because wed just spent loads of money on them.

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I can imagine MM telling Clement to try something new, or to stop being loyal to underperforming players, but I'd be very disappointed if MM named players individually. Regardless of whether he is correct or not, it's the manager's job.

I was led to believe that all transfers were approved by Clement, even before he started the job, so if true, I can see why MM would be concerned that money was wasted on the likes of Weimann, Bent and Pearce.

4 hours ago, sage said:

Are you sure about this bit? and to what extent? I got the impression they were 'done deals' and he would have had to cancel them in the first few days of getting here. Not the same as approving.

I notice you didnt get a reply to this query. Mind you most people claimed that they were done deals when arguing against criticism of Clements transfer dealings.

Do other clubs in the Champ have to put up with stupid stories all the time.

Who's Shackell slept with this week? You have to admire the professionalism of the team that they keep playing together after their family life is destroyed.

Wonder if Commons is still playing the wag field? 

Then there's Martin's transfer request. I'm expecting him out on loan soon

And the canteen has finally been rebuilt after Buxton v McClaren 2015.

I er, I wonder if we could top EastEnders in the ratings battle. Or maybe the people who are sad enough, because it is sad, to create little dramas could perhaps tune in to BBC One and it's stuck in the 80's soap.

Next month some bloke who Cyrus Christie has never even met will turn up at Moor Farm

"long time no see..... Dad"

Dah Dah Dah! 

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I wonder if we could top EastEnders in the ratings battle. Or maybe the people who are sad enough, because it is sad, to create little dramas could perhaps tune in to BBC One and it's stuck in the 80's soap.

Next month some bloke who Cyrus Christie has never even met will turn up at Moor Farm

"long time no see..... Dad"

Dah Dah Dah! 

It would be nice to see Trevor back - Cyrus's dad, not the mad fecker who used to be in Eastenders.

Might this conversation have occurred last May?

Sam: "Schteve says he had forgotten how cold it is in Newcastle, and that the Fatman will not after all give his family a discount card at Sports Direct, so he wants to stay".

Mel: "If there is one thing I have learnt whilst running successful businesses, it is that for a leader to have followers, he has to be trusted. I didn't get where I am without learning this. So he's going".

Sam: "Fair enough CJ, I mean MM. NIgel Pearson is available and lives locally"

Mel: "Ridiculous choice. Do you think I could trust him to let me have a rant in the dressing room and take my advice on formations and team selection? That psychopath is more likely to burst into our Board Room and start dictating to me what's to happen on the pitch."

Sam:"So we need a rookie, someone who has spent all his managerial career as No 2 being told what to do by the No 1."

Mel: "Attaboy Sam, I'm beginning to see why you are so highy regarded. Just make sure you get a Clement type of character, rather than a Mourhino type of No 2 who acted like the big cheese the moment he was promoted".

Sam: "As it happens, Paul Clement is available".

Mel: "Here are you airline tickets to Spain. Tell him he could help build a Ferguson-type dynasty if he plays his cards right and realises who the DCFC Fergie will be".

Idle speculation of course. A mere Comedy of Errors.Something to cheer us up on a cold dark evening.

21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Do other clubs in the Champ have to put up with stupid stories all the time.

This is what irks me as well. We can all speculate which rumours have a hint of truth to them, but the more concerning thing is that these kind of stories are around our club at a time when we're trying to have a successful season. And it always causes some kind of effect. Surely there's never this sort of poison coming out of other (and more successful) promotion candidates over the years?

Except QPR...they always felt a bit off. But then again they had all that money, didn't they. Oh no, we're QPR now, aren't we? :(

20 minutes ago, cosmic said:

This is what irks me as well. We can all speculate which rumours have a hint of truth to them, but the more concerning thing is that these kind of stories are around our club at a time when we're trying to have a successful season. And it always causes some kind of effect. Surely there's never this sort of poison coming out of other (and more successful) promotion candidates over the years?

Except QPR...they always felt a bit off. But then again they had all that money, didn't they. Oh no, we're QPR now, aren't we? :(

Now you mention it, most of the nonsense posted recently comes from new-ish members(not all!), maybe we've been infiltrated by Steve Gibsons black-ops department!

Archived