Talk sport with Alan Brazil

glyn1957

Listening to talk sport this morning with Alan Brazil and Kieron Dyer they touched on the championship. 

While talking about the top four Hull, Boro ,Burnley and Derby and who would come up via the top two  they then went on about the Derby/ Fulham fixture when out of the blue Mr Brazil spoke about a rumour he had heard in football about Clement being told who to play or pick now.

And in Brazils own words that it is bang out of order, now i dont know but these ex pro`s hear things we never would worrying times i think.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was saying yesterday it seems a little off that Bent and Weimann are suddenly back involved.

Im happy because I want them in, but obviously Clement doesn't rate them. All of a sudden he has seen enough for them to be involved.

Somehow though, I can't see Clement being so weak as to let someone dictate to him who to pick, especially if the person dictating has no experience of football or management (football manager doesn't count).

2 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

I know what you both mean but it just worries me that its spoken about on a national radio station, because true or not it cant be good

We're going through a rough patch. The media will always look to exploit those instances for their own purposes, usually through sensationalist cr@p like this. 

I'm worried by Clement's general lack of experience, and apparent stubbornness, but not for a minute would I believe that he'd put up with someone else dictating team selection to him. He'd probably walk, and then have very good grounds for constructive dismissal.

5 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

We're going through a rough patch. The media will always look to exploit those instances for their own purposes, usually through sensationalist cr@p like this. 

I'm worried by Clement's general lack of experience, and apparent stubbornness, but not for a minute would I believe that he'd put up with someone else dictating team selection to him. He'd probably walk, and then have very good grounds for constructive dismissal.

Well now things are going poorly we'll see, when you're winning then you wouldn't mind as much would you? It's his first job so he doesn't want to start out by walking out on a club straight away.

11 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Well now things are going poorly we'll see, when you're winning then you wouldn't mind as much would you? It's his first job so he doesn't want to start out by walking out on a club straight away.

No, but he's surely clued up enough to know that someone else dictating team selection is a slippery slope to inevitable failure. He wouldn't want a spectacular fail on his CV first time out of the gate either. What's going to look better? Leaving on principle or getting sacked.

Here we go again...the easiest way to beat Derby if you are an opposition manager, get a rumour started via Nixon, the radio, the Plummer from the training ground or whoever and wait for the implosion by Derby fans.

50 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

Listening to talk sport this morning with Alan Brazil and Kieron Dyer they touched on the championship. 

While talking about the top four Hull, Boro ,Burnley and Derby and who would come up via the top two  they then went on about the Derby/ Fulham fixture when out of the blue Mr Brazil spoke about a rumour he had heard in football about Clement being told who to play or pick now.

And in Brazils own words that it is bang out of order, now i dont know but these ex pro`s hear things we never would worrying times i think.

The people telling him who to play are our Football Manager playing expert fanbase. The people believing that Mel (for it is he) is picking the team are our Football Manager playing idiot fanbase.

They really should do one of those behind the scenes documentary series on DCFC. As a club we are incapable of creating drama and catastrophe from the most promising of situations. It would make scintillating and amusing TV. Our tendency to create internal chaos is not a new thing either it's been happening since I first occupied a seat in B Stand as four year old in 1972. It's often frustrating, but is it why we've got such enormous support? Maybe we're just all addicted to watching the car crash happen?

Think if i was the club owner  - and we haven't won in 6  - and we ain't scoring goals  - might ring Mr Clement up - and ask why is our highest paid player (Bent) and possibly second highest player (Weiman) not even making the bench - wouldn't you?

Sam Longson wouldn't have held back - never did us any harm in the 70s

Morris owns the club!

2 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Think if i was the club owner  - and we haven't won in 6  - and we ain't scoring goals  - might ring Mr Clement up - and ask why is our highest paid player (Bent) and possibly second highest player (Weiman) not even making the bench - wouldn't you?

Sam Longson wouldn't have held back - never did us any harm in the 70s

Morris owns the club!

Mel Morris isn't qualified to manage a team and if the doesn't have faith in Clement's team selection then he should sack him and not tamper with the tactics.

None of this is true anyway,

Archived