what gone wrong this month

B4ev6is

Those hearty souls that have tried to build a house of cards and failed or valiantly bowed out of a game of jenga or got to the last piece on Operation only to hit the rim when trying to safe the red nosed t*ats broken heart are the only ones that know what's happened to us this month. 

To us mere mortals, it's incomprehensible.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we played well and had a lot of back luck. Even the Sky Sports commentators said it. For once we was more direct breaking with numbers which is why I like us playing away as teams play more aggressive and leave holes at the back.

I actually didn't mind the result as we performed well and didn't go away fuming like I have the past few games.

I liked the story about the players and the fans @B4ev6is. I really missed being at the game so thanks for sharing with us. 

I think Burnley were forced into playing a bit of hoof ball in the first half due to our pressure but they came out much stronger in the second half and it was our undoing. 

Some of this is typically what winds me up about our fans. 

We conceded goals and didn't win so the whole game was shocking. No it wasn't, the second half was mystifying but we weren't awful like we were against Birmingham. 

I swear some don't watch or care about the football and just want to be able to say we won. 

Well, get promoted and there'll be little of that so get used to it 

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I saw at least 4 or 5 of there of there players should have been on

At least yellow cards or red cards oh no the ref does **** all. 

We are the liverpool of the championship, always the victims it's never our fault. Maybe it's time we took some responsibility then perhaps we would get somewhere

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont like them because there dirty hoble little side i can not stand them.

Sorry to break it to you B4. but Burnley have only received 26 yellow cards and no red cards this season.  That's compared to our 43 yellows and no reds.  Any other unfounded reason why you dislike them other than, they always beat us???

A team always beating us is very good reason to dislike them in my eyes. 

Sometimes there's not even a reason as obvious as that (there's been threads on the topic). 

I hate Coventry and if you were to pick my reasons apart they're not even sensible. Some of it is Robbie Kean (ha ha who?) and also their horrid fans. Oh, and the parking. :) 

13 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

A team always beating us is very good reason to dislike them in my eyes. 

Sometimes there's not even a reason as obvious as that (there's been threads on the topic). 

I hate Coventry and if you were to pick my reasons apart they're not even sensible. Some of it is Robbie Kean (ha ha who?) and also their horrid fans. Oh, and the parking. :) 

They had a centre forward [Hutchinson?] who always scored against us and made Roy McFarland look like a Sunday league player 

My frustration with Derby at the moment, is urgency, tempo and movement in the final third. Something we were spoiled with under McClaren, particularly in 13/14. Its all well and good us having 60 per cent possession every game but we are so slow with the ball at times its so frustrating to watch. An example of my frustration against Burnley, Tom Ince had the ball he was moving towards the near touchline and Christie was stood hugging the touchline but behind a burnley player. He made no attempt to move for Ince to give him a pass by dropping back a couple of yards. Ince ended up trying to find him but passing it out of play. This happens many times throughout the games at the moment, where players just aren't offering themselves in risky positions. Its always the safe pass which made it so easy for Burnley to defend against like many teams. 

Butterfield is a fantastic player, (Or rubbish as some people would have had you believe after playing about twice for us) yet when he gets on the ball he rarely has an option to be able to create something. Usually he just has to turn and play a sideways pass. We lack anticipation of what to do next. Someone played a ball up to Blackman who flicked it on into space behind Burnley but Martin was stood as still as a statue. He never gambled or made that move incase it came off and its been noticeable over a number of games now. 

I think Clement is doing a top job, in terms of organisation, defending (okay last few games haven't been great but up until then our defence has been excellent) and we do keep the ball well. But I really hope he starts to figure out a better way for us to go about building our attacks because at the moment it isn't really working and it hasn't been for some time. Our defence and organisation was the main reason we were right at the top, this has dropped off in recent performances and our struggles in the final third have been shown up. Of course you can see confidence is also at a low, but even when we were on our unbeaten runs I still think that tempo and movement could of been upped in the final third a couple of notches. 

I really hope the occasion on Friday enables us to find another gear. As I mentioned on another thread, I really think we should go with pace on Friday as from what I have seen of United this season they do not enjoy playing against it. Weimann, Bent and Camara in a front three with Butterfield, Thorne and Bryson behind. Lets get some energy into our game! I do think it is time to give Bryson a go instead of the out of form Johnson. 

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

They are not that good we had over 61 percent of possion as i said they hoof football team i hope they get battered next game.

Dear me I bet you'll find Man Utd have had over 61 percent position in their last ten home games and have only managed to score what one first half goal in all of those games? Means nothing unless our strategy is to bore our opposition into submission 

Archived