Derby County v Manchester United

Mafiabob

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has to be seen as an opportunity to go out there with nothing to lose.

Our performances are seriously lacking confidence, even when we've had very good spells like today. A win could bring back that confidence and save our season.

We might as well rotate a bit this could be a great way to get our form back. So no wholesale changes. 

Carson

Baird       Keogh        Shackell    Warnock

Johnson

Bryson         Hendrick

Blackman          Martin              Camara

For man utd this would be my team 

Carson 

Baird       shackell    Buxton    warnock 

Thorne    Butterfield 

Russell        Martin       Camara 

then either  Bent Weimann or Blackman 

I wouldn't want to put a second string team out but it doesn't matter on the outcome of this game so I'd use for an experimental game . 

If like to see Buxton next to shackell see how that fairs up , I'd like too see some directness from the wings also I'd like too se Martin playing in the hole with one of the 3 above playing on the shoulder of the last defender let's get a bit more pace and directness into this team !  

Was starting to think this game was a curse, but think it's more of a blessing and a welcome distraction after the past 4 games.

I'd go with...

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Warnock, Thorne, Hendrick, Butterfield, Weimann, Martin, Camara

Bench: Mitchell, Shotton, Buxton, Johnson, Bent, Blackman, Bryson

This one's a tough test for Clement with the next league game on Tuesday. It's a game more than any other that every member of the squad will want to play in. The regulars will think they deserve the chance to test themselves against a top-5 Premier League team. The squad players will think they have to play having worked so hard in training, but not being given league fixtures.

Further, Clement probably said to the Burnley team, if you go out and play well you'll keep your place for Friday. They played well yet lost 4-1 in very unusual circumstances. I'm really not sure what's best and am glad I don't have to pick the team. But, because we did lose, however unluckily, and because there is a league game so soon after, I suspect a small amount of rotation is on the cards.

I'd start Camara. I might start Jake. I might start Johnnny Russell too, and what to do with Hendrick and Bryson? Big squad, big decisions...

I would like to see 

Carson

Christie  Keogh Shackle Warnock 

Thorne

Hendrick   Butterfield  Bryson

Camara 

Martin    

Subs Grant Bent (please use) wieman shotton Blackman Russell Baird 

ok I would really like to see Forsyth and Hughes in there as well but we can't which is a shame because attacking and entertaining it would be for me.

Carson

Baird             Keogh                 Buxton(C)           Warnock

Thorne 

Butterfield           Bryson

Weimann                                               Russell

Bent

Grant, Christie, Shackell, Johnson, Hendrick, Ince, Martin

Easy.  

After watching the game last night a mate of mine who is a neutral in terms of Derby County suggested that he thought the players may have had their minds on this game.

Not saying they would but it is quite interesting to look at it that way. Since the draw we've played three games and had two very poor performances, and three bad results. Maybe (fingers crossed) once this games out of the way with either a positive, or at least not disheartening result, we can start to pick up a bit more.

We need a strong team going flat out to try and reboot our season. We also need

to prove to the watching millions around the world that we are a good side. Most

people watching will be supporting us,its the plumb draw. We also need to play well

because our recent results have been poor,and every loss makes it harder for us to

recover. We must start winning soon.

Archived