Derby County v Manchester United

Mafiabob

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched the highlights on RamsPlayer I'd just like to say I thought we had some good chances that we should really be scoring from.
That seems to be our problem at the moment - not creating a lot, but not being clinical when we do. Hopefully that will change.

Blackman's header, Butterfield's run when he should have passed to Ince who was unmarked.
Great goal by Thorne.

The 'offsides' while technically wrong decisions by officials, I don't think had any bearing on the goals being scored.
Rooney would just have had the ball earlier, same for Martial(?) on the other one.
What I'm more concerned about is Christie (not having a go, just an observation) failing to hold the line with other defenders..
Look at their third goal and he is something like 2 yards behind Warnock, Shackell & Keogh.

Overall I'm not disappointed with the result or performance - we didn't go into the game just wanting to stop them playing, we tried to play our own game.
Unfortunately it didn't work.

53 minutes ago, TelTheRam said:

Having watched the highlights on RamsPlayer I'd just like to say I thought we had some good chances that we should really be scoring from.
That seems to be our problem at the moment - not creating a lot, but not being clinical when we do. Hopefully that will change.

Blackman's header, Butterfield's run when he should have passed to Ince who was unmarked.
Great goal by Thorne.

The 'offsides' while technically wrong decisions by officials, I don't think had any bearing on the goals being scored.
Rooney would just have had the ball earlier, same for Martial(?) on the other one.
What I'm more concerned about is Christie (not having a go, just an observation) failing to hold the line with other defenders..
Look at their third goal and he is something like 2 yards behind Warnock, Shackell & Keogh.

Overall I'm not disappointed with the result or performance - we didn't go into the game just wanting to stop them playing, we tried to play our own game.
Unfortunately it didn't work.

For all the areas I've seen people complain about, this actually bothered me quite a lot. That run was the most obvious but I saw it happen in that game, and have seen it happen in other games lots where Ince has been completely ignored and instead the ball has been passed to the left. I've watched that highlight a few times and I just can't believe he didn't see him, nor any of the less highlight-worthy times, and if he didn't see him Ince is ALWAYS there.

Also on the Christie note, I think it's a fair criticism but if it was my job to mark one of the most talented young players around I would probably be slipping in some of the fundamentals too, trying to get a step ahead of him.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

For all the areas I've seen people complain about, this actually bothered me quite a lot. That run was the most obvious but I saw it happen in that game, and have seen it happen in other games lots where Ince has been completely ignored and instead the ball has been passed to the left. I've watched that highlight a few times and I just can't believe he didn't see him, nor any of the less highlight-worthy times, and if he didn't see him Ince is ALWAYS there.

Also on the Christie note, I think it's a fair criticism but if it was my job to mark one of the most talented young players around I would probably be slipping in some of the fundamentals too, trying to get a step ahead of him.

Think Ince's position makes the pass almost impossible, he sort of tucks himself behind Blind, almost in his pocket. He needed Ince to make the run into the space he was running into or pull out wider so he could put an angle on the pass.

Archived