Derby County v Manchester United

Mafiabob

I wouldn't play Keogh, which would be a shame for him as he's been magnificent all season. But I think it's plain wrong to play a defender in a protective mask when we have plenty of other fit defenders, so I say give the guy a well-deserved rest.

I'm sure Keogh will have told Clement he's fine to play. I don't buy it when a player may need to throw his body in front of the ball or a player, or stick his head in where it really hurts. It's unfair on him as an employer to select him when it could end up exacerbating the injury. He didn't seem comfortable with the mask on Monday, and there's just no need to force him onto the pitch in it again. Pearce has gone out on loan, but Bucko, Shotton and Baird will all be desperate to play there, Give one of them the shirt.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trade Johnson for Bryson and have another look at Camara and carry on. 

Don't mess with a disjointed, low confidence team. That's what Mac did with the back 4 last season and they ended up a confused mess infecting each other with panic.

Minimal changes. Just take out the the player not making a positive contribution and the player we don't have a position for.

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Trade Johnson for Bryson and have another look at Camara and carry on. 

Don't mess with a disjointed, low confidence team. That's what Mac did with the back 4 last season and they ended up a confused mess infecting each other with panic.

Minimal changes. Just take out the the player not making a positive contribution and the player we don't have a position for.

Lol

i love that description.

My pick:

Carson

Christie            Keogh                            Shackell               Olssen

Thorne

Bryson                          Hendrick

Ince                                         Martin                                    Camara

Lets try out a 4-4-2 formation, like a plan B. Give these players a game.

Grant

Baird                     Shotton                         Buxton                     Ollsen

Russell                  Byrson                          Hendrick                  Camara

Bent           Wiemann

Plenty of goals.

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Why are people not putting Butterfield in their teams?

Is he injured, because if not he should be one of the first names on the list.

I'd be tempted to play him, Thorne, Hendrick and Bryson and keep the occasional wingers on the bench.

What formation is this, Nigel?

44 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It looks like the attendance will be lower than the Birmingham game. Personally I think its great that DCFC fans don't worship at the alter of the great Man U.

It also probably goes to show what a bang average team Man Utd have at the moment despite the 250 million quid outlay 

I'll go with Buxton, Buxton, Buxton, Buxton, Buxton, Buxton, Buxton, Buxton, Buxton, Buxton, Buxton.

Subs Buxton, Buxton, Buxton, Buxton, Buxton, Buxton & Butterfield.

Just in case Super Jake Buxton doesn't score, we can bring Butterfield on to score another screamer to win the game.

Belief, attitude, spirit, and all the rest and we all wake up in February with big smiles on our faces forgetting all about January.

Sunshine is just around the corner.

Archived