Shaun Barker Testimonial

Chris Mills

If he wasn't well thought of (or raising money for a good cause, if that's what it is) why are so many brilliant ex pro's turning out? We have some fantastic blasts from the past coming that I'm looking forward to welcoming back  

No soap box from me, I think it will be interesting so I'm going. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm momentarily going to turn into B4... Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for this? I need to convince the manager at work that he won't need extra staff on to cover it.

They do seem to be pushing the family ticket & 'avoid the queues' pitches, which would indicate they've not sold very many in advance.

16 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I'm momentarily going to turn into B4... Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for this? I need to convince the manager at work that he won't need extra staff on to cover it.

They do seem to be pushing the family ticket & 'avoid the queues' pitches, which would indicate they've not sold very many in advance.

I bought my tickets on Friday and was told just East and West open.

16 minutes ago, Coconut said:

They've opened the East Stand, or at least some of it. 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

@sageknows, can't remember what he said now though, ask 

Bought tickets for this one, told the missus when she got home the other night and had the biggest bollocking ever for taking her for granted, she's away so can't take me.

After I apologised and sent her back to the kitchen to get dinner on I got back to my laptop to request a refund with my tail between my legs.

Gutted to be missing this, but the walk is too far and trains don't visit Grimsby all that often :( 

41 minutes ago, Srg said:

Only 3k sold as of last week I heard.

They wouldn't say in the ticket office but they seemed to hint they were expecting 8-9000.

I hope plenty of people come, he was a rock for us and is doing good things now.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

They wouldn't say in the ticket office but they seemed to hint they were expecting 8-9000.

I hope plenty of people come, he was a rock for us and is doing good things now.

That figure is a figure that games of this type bring.

I just think it was done at the wrong date and time. Doesn't help things.

I haven't decided yet, but if I did go it will be to see the others, not him.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

That figure is a figure that games of this type bring.

I just think it was done at the wrong date and time. Doesn't help things.

I haven't decided yet, but if I did go it will be to see the others, not him.

Why?

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Why?

His "legend" status is a bit much for me, he was average, and would be the 4th choice centre back in this squad, maybe 3rd at a push. I get he lost his career playing for us, but the club and supporters have done a hell of a lot for him since then also. He's now just starting to get on my nerves getting his face about the place. But I won't go much further into it because it's not the place to. I wish him luck, but should I go, it'd be to see the likes of Stimac etc

1 minute ago, Srg said:

His "legend" status is a bit much for me, he was average, and would be the 4th choice centre back in this squad, maybe 3rd at a push. I get he lost his career playing for us, but the club and supporters have done a hell of a lot for him since then also. He's now just starting to get on my nerves getting his face about the place. But I won't go much further into it because it's not the place to. I wish him luck, but should I go, it'd be to see the likes of Stimac etc

I would hope there isn't much further to go after that slating.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/hughes-in-line-to-feature-in-barker-testimonial-3018177.aspx

Derby County midfielder Will Hughes is in line to feature in Shaun Barker’s testimonial game this week.

The 20-year-old sustained an anterior cruciate ligament knee injury, which required surgery, in Derby’s 0-0 draw at Bolton Wanderers on the opening day of the 2015/16 season.

He resumed full training a few weeks ago and Head Coach Darren Wassall says the Academy graduate is set to step up his comeback in the testimonial for the former Derby defender.

The match will take place at the iPro Stadium on Thursday 24th March 2016 (7pm kick-off) - with a current Derby County XI and a Shaun Barker XI going head-to-head.

A number of popular former Derby players are set to feature for Barker’s side, including Igor Stimac, Horacio Carbonari, Seth Johnson, Marco Gabbiadini, Michael Johnson, Chris Powell, Steve Howard, Paul Peschisolido and Youl Mawéné.

Wassall hopes the occasion is a ‘festival of football’ and has urged supporters to turn out in force for the game.

Wassall told Rams Player HD: “We’re likely to see Will Hughes play in the game as well as a few other players that haven’t had the chance to get minutes lately.

“We will name a strong side and I hope it will be a festival of football and a great occasion for Shaun Barker.

“I’m glad we got the win on Saturday against Forest for him as well because hopefully a few more fans will come down in buoyant mood.”

Other names for Barker’s side are being confirmed on a regular basis and supporters can keep abreast of the updates by following @SB5Testimonial on Twitter.

Tickets cost £10 for Adults and £5 for Concessions (Under 18s) - while a Family Ticket (consisting of x2 Adults and x2 Children) costs £20.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/hughes-in-line-to-feature-in-barker-testimonial-3018177.aspx#RhvWsOHWwhDQliud.99

Archived