Shaun Barker Testimonial

Chris Mills

I can confirm Derby County never had more than 11 players on the pitch at any one time. For parts of the second half there were 17 legends! 

No sign of Shackell or Thorne - hopefully ensuring fitness for Cardiff.

Regarding the boo boys, they are hardly the sort of supporters who would attend a testimonial, are they? 

Hardly anyone left the East Stand even at full time. I think we didn’t want to miss any moment of a great evening. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25 March 2016 at 13:29, angieram said:

I can confirm Derby County never had more than 11 players on the pitch at any one time. For parts of the second half there were 17 legends! 

No sign of Shackell or Thorne - hopefully ensuring fitness for Cardiff.

Regarding the boo boys, they are hardly the sort of supporters who would attend a testimonial, are they? 

Hardly anyone left the East Stand even at full time. I think we didn’t want to miss any moment of a great evening. 

Well they must have stayed to the end in our block, stood ages waiting to get down the stairs.

west stand looked half empty too so there! *raspberry!*

I wonder if Nigel was asked to go as a guest, seeing as he was team manager at the time of Barks' injury? They always had a healthy respect for each other.

Just now, ladyram said:

I wonder if Nigel was asked to go as a guest, seeing as he was team manager at the time of Barks' injury? They always had a healthy respect for each other.

It would not be safe to bring Nigel anywhere near Derby County. Don't you remember the Clough lover/bashing days ? There would be a riot on the stands of that testimonial.

1 minute ago, Cisse said:

It would not be safe to bring Nigel anywhere near Derby County. Don't you remember the Clough lover/bashing days ? There would be a riot on the stands of that testimonial.

Do you reckon? Yeah you could be right. Shame that,  maybe not enough water's gone under that bridge eh?

Glad he's doing well at Burton though, probably be playing them next season! I reckon he'd get a warm welcome if he comes back?

2 minutes ago, ladyram said:

Do you reckon? Yeah you could be right. Shame that,  maybe not enough water's gone under that bridge eh?

Glad he's doing well at Burton though, probably be playing them next season! I reckon he'd get a warm welcome if he comes back?

Mostly I liked Nigel and hope he does well anywhere he goes. I believe that there are people that always hold a grudge against him. Which is a shame.

Loved it. 

Bryson's and Russell's 'fights', Martin's dive, Martin Taylor wobbling about, Igor, Powell, Tommy Johnson, Steve Howard's hat trick...

Just goes to show some players never really lose it. Thought Christian Dailly was phenomenal, was underrated at Derby. Made me a little emotional, really.

Great to see some of the current really get into the spirit of it, especially Ince, Bryson, Russell, Bent, Grant, Martin. Don't think Camara, Blackman, and Butterfield quite knew what to make of it..

22 hours ago, Daveo said:

He wouldn't have been given a bad reception, not on a night like that. Was a little surprised he wasn't involved but possibly busy with Burton

I'm sure Nigel gave his respect & best wishes to Shaun privately. I suspect he wasn't involved because he's not that fussed about hanging around clubs where "ex-Player's Agents are running the show" :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hijack thread but I'm writing an article about Horacio Carbonari (it's a kind of Where Are They Now? thing) and I want to get fans' memories about him as a player. Any memories/stories you have - good or bad - please post them here. Doesn't even have to be a story/memory as such, could just be your general view on his time at Pride Park. 

I'd want to use some of the your quotes for the article, which will appear on the Yahoo Football website next week. All quotes will be credited to the forum. 

Cheers!

Archived