Sir Jake of Buxton is back!!!

ramsbottom

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I don't want to count my chickens, but he seems like every time it looks as though we've  out grown him he's stepped it up a notch. I hope he continues to do so. 

if he manages to get past shackell to that LCB spot, then that's one hell of a player well have just got ourselves

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Pretty much says this word for word in his interview with Owen Bradley: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03dt65h

"...take stock on what is happening and realise what this football club is about and where it's going and how it's building, and have a decision: Do you wanna be part of it or do you wanna go and play probably week in week out at another football club, maybe be captain at another football club and that's the decision that I've come across and that's what's happening."

Obviously the choice of words at the end there isn't perfect and as most of you will know he's not the best speaker but if you listen it's pretty obvious he means he's made the decision to stay.

I had moist eyes listening to that,

Bucko is a throwback to the football i fell in love with as a kid. I'm gutted I couldn't get tickets for Hartlepool. 

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

bloody hell. Someone actually moved about to lose his marker and attack a ball into the box, instead of making predictable straight runs to where the ball is going.

He did it once there, it worked... and then he never attempted it again, despite many opportunities to do so.

I never understood that

Just wrote a couple of paragraphs about how wonderful Sir Jake Buxton is but it went for a Burton!

Wonderful Jake Buxton is not for sale. Hopefully Jake Buxton stays at our wonderful club forever.

He is the Derby DNA, he is the Derby Way and I only hope Derby fans sing his name all day long on Saturday to welcome him back.

He ticks all the boxes any day of the week.

And any chance once he's plugged the big hole in Hartlepool can he be sent up here to growl at the sky to stop it raining, sleeting, snowing and to stop the floods because if any man can, the wonderful Sir Jake Buxton can.

49 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Can you buy a beard wig?

Bucko wore one this week. He tried his hand at cricket for the first time, mugged Hashim Amla for his bat and scored a double century.

5 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Just wrote a couple of paragraphs about how wonderful Sir Jake Buxton is but it went for a Burton!

Wonderful Jake Buxton is not for sale. Hopefully Jake Buxton stays at our wonderful club forever.

He is the Derby DNA, he is the Derby Way and I only hope Derby fans sing his name all day long on Saturday to welcome him back.

He ticks all the boxes any day of the week.

And any chance once he's plugged the big hole in Hartlepool can he be sent up here to growl at the sky to stop it raining, sleeting, snowing and to stop the floods because if any man can, the wonderful Sir Jake Buxton can.

Inverurie was just mentioned on News at Ten.... you're about to be washed away into the North Sea mate.

I'm sending Bucko up to drink the floodwater.

58 minutes ago, Coconut said:

He did it once there, it worked... and then he never attempted it again, despite many opportunities to do so.

I never understood that

he did for that run of headers he scored. Think he might be our highest scoring centre half over his time here - and he spent a lot of that injured or second choice.

That rug is doing the rounds. Bywater fielding and now bucko.

Thank heavens all our other players are well thatched.

Having said that - bucko is a rare breed of player who has striven hard and can recognise what is important having worked so hard. 

He certainly is intelligent enough to make a decent coach. Hopefully with the rams in some capacity. 

Archived