Sir Jake of Buxton is back!!!

ramsbottom

Didn't know that - well in that case, he's a good steady character to have around the club, supporting the youngsters and certainly not going to let us down if called upon. But as I've said on other threads, I think it would be wrong to give opportunities to Jake at the expense of developing a youngster with a higher ceiling such as Rawson.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every championship side needs a Bucko

Be nice to have someone again who can head last minute winning goals from corners against Forest and Leeds. Or even someone who can head the ball at corners.

and  he's even better at 50 yard diagonal cross-field balls than Bradley, to boot (ok , so maybe that's not Bradley's forte , but just saying)

Bucko is important to this squad and I'd be choked to see him leave. Good cover, arguably fist choice replacement, and you know he won't moan or cause any aggro. Brilliant example of how to conduct yourself as a pro for the youngsters. 

Delighted he's back. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I think he's happier being a squad player at Derby than a regular footballer elsewhere. The lad adores it here. Also don't count him out on being able to give our CBs a run for their money.

Pretty much says this word for word in his interview with Owen Bradley: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03dt65h

"...take stock on what is happening and realise what this football club is about and where it's going and how it's building, and have a decision: Do you wanna be part of it or do you wanna go and play probably week in week out at another football club, maybe be captain at another football club and that's the decision that I've come across and that's what's happening."

Obviously the choice of words at the end there isn't perfect and as most of you will know he's not the best speaker but if you listen it's pretty obvious he means he's made the decision to stay.

Sounds like he's had offers? 

Don't they call it tapping up? 

Even though the first thing every club does when finding a player they want is speak to the agent to see what's what in terms of contract and availability.

I would probably say he's my favourite ever Derby player. 

I really hope he can once again defy the odds and become a regular for us. I wouldn't bet on it, but it'd be great to see. 

Sounds like he's been offered the captaincy somewhere else, perhaps Burton? Maybe even Birmingham? 

2 hours ago, needles said:

Bucko is important to this squad and I'd be choked to see him leave. Good cover, arguably fist choice replacement, and you know he won't moan or cause any aggro. Brilliant example of how to conduct yourself as a pro for the youngsters. 

Delighted he's back. 

I forgot about his wand of a pass out to the wingers that we no longer use.

Jake Buxton's a football genius...

Radio derby asked him about his beard... he is so much of man he could grow it back within 24 hours!

34 minutes ago, robster1 said:

I forgot about his wand of a pass out to the wingers that we no longer use.

Jake Buxton's a football genius...

Radio derby asked him about his beard... he is so much of man he could grow it back within 24 hours!

that's the pass that kept oppositions from pressing us high up the pitch. Full backs had to retreat to cover for it. It was no coincidence that when he got injured our form dipped. We could only try to play it out from the back and through teams, no need for them to worry about anything else so they could all press us high up the pitch.

Archived