Sir Jake of Buxton is back!!!

ramsbottom

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

PC has confirmed that Bucko will start on Saturday.  That does however raise a couple of questions, where does that leave Pearce and WTF has Bucko done with his hair????

you cant say that and not show a picture of his new hairdo :D

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I may be wrong yet again about him, looks like he's seen off Pearce

I don't want to count my chickens, but he seems like every time it looks as though we've  out grown him he's stepped it up a notch. I hope he continues to do so. 

One of the main things on my mind leaving Wembley stadium in 2014 was that I really, really hoped we'd get promoted with Jake Buxton at the club. I thought we'd do it last year with him in the side, but him being injured was probably a factor of our downfall. I'll be gutted, genuinely gutted if I never get to see him promoted with us. A rare player who represents the fans emotions and love for the club on the pitch like no other. 

Also, hearing he's doing his coaching badges makes me hope he ends up at the club after he's hung up his boots.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, toldu said:

Sounds suspiciously as though someone wants to see him play before making a loan deal offer -  or permanent??

Doubt it, dont believe for a minute PC team selection will be based on someone wanting to sign him. He may still go but i dont think that will be the reason he is being picked.

14 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

He's been a great servant to the club and has surpassed all expectations at Championship level, but I think now is the time for him to move on and play regular football rather than be a squad player at Derby.

I think he's happier being a squad player at Derby than a regular footballer elsewhere. The lad adores it here. Also don't count him out on being able to give our CBs a run for their money.

Archived