Sir Jake of Buxton is back!!!

ramsbottom

23 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

of all the Wembley team who I would love to see promoted with Derby County Bucko is the one I'd want to see be part of it more than any.

Brings a tear to the eye of an old softy. Great wholehearted bloke, and Derby is a better club for him being here.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, davenportram said:

In fact.

Bucko 11 goals in 118 starts.

Shackell 1 in 81 starts for Derby.

Keogh 6 in 157 starts.

We have no set piece goal threat without him

Is that excluding cup games? 

As I remember Shackell scoring against Portsmouth in the cup and his league goal was against Birmingham on his first debut.

Based on what he produced previously versus what I've seen from Shotton/Pearce/Baird so far, Bucko would get the nod from me as a CB ahead of all 3 of them if Shacks/Keogh needed resting or picked up a knock.  However I wouldn't play him as a LB or RB other than in an emergency.   

Here's another thought - how about Bucko as a possible backup for Thorne sitting in front of the back 4, given Thorne's vulnerability?  That way the likes of Johnson/Butterfield/Bryson/Hendrick/Hughes could bomb forward knowing that they have someone solid behind them.

Sometimes character is an asset as much as technique, and Bucko has that in spades.  He probably accepts that if we went up his game time would be limited but if he's OK with that then so am I.

Bucko - the new Eustace?

LR2

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We are having a great season but somehow with the return of Jake its just got better. Pulls the fans & the club together even more. Love for him at least to be in the match day squad each week.

Be funny for the biggest cheer in the crowd when the names are read out to be for a sub at every game :lol:

31 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

that asambobongo geezer should have had a red card for making a card gesture, the fool

Grade A tossbag, the goading after the red was so ridiculous as well. Karma got the **** in the end, didn't understand the sympathy from our fans. Not a gentleman or a true sportsman, doesn't deserve it.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

Grade A tossbag, the goading after the red was so ridiculous as well. Karma got the **** in the end, didn't understand the sympathy from our fans. Not a gentleman or a true sportsman, doesn't deserve it.

Karma is having to play for Forest, no point rejoicing in the physical suffering of another. Not being a nice person when playing against us doesn't make him deserving of a bad injury. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Karma is having to play for Forest, no point rejoicing in the physical suffering of another. Not being a nice person when playing against us doesn't make him deserving of a bad injury. 

I didn't rejoice in it, just had an apathetic reaction to it. I didn't wind up florest fans about it. People can be neutral to things they don't have to be either extreme.

I still remember his debut for us. (think it was against Peterborough?) 

Not many at the time would have predicted that he would still be here but just goes to show that grafting and wearing your heart on your sleeve can take you a long way. Every team needs a Jake Buxton. 

What I want to know is how many gears does Bucko have? Because every time with think he is on the limiter he manages to go up one each season!

11 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I didn't rejoice in it, just had an apathetic reaction to it. I didn't wind up florest fans about it. People can be neutral to things they don't have to be either extreme.

You inferred you believed he deserved to get injured, " Karma got the **** in the end,  ". Which I just don't think is right, also not an apathetic reaction.

I haven't shown sympathy towards them/him, nor have I wound them up, but I also don't think he deserved to get injured. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

You inferred you believed he deserved to get injured, " Karma got the **** in the end,  ". Which I just don't think is right, also not an apathetic reaction.

I haven't shown sympathy towards them/him, nor have I wound them up, but I also don't think he deserved to get injured. 

Yea he did.

Archived