I've had a think..

Walsall_Ram

Has Chris Martin outstayed his stay at Derby?

Trying to think of more strikers we've had at the club who have played the same/similar role that Martin has given us since 2013 and the only 2 of recent times are Steve Howard and Rob Hulse.

Both lasted 2 years at the club. Howard from 2006 to 2008 and Hulse from 2008 to 2010.

Now, don't get me wrong I love Martin as much as everyone else, but do players normally have a "sell by date" so to speak?

His Ikea wardrobe antics are far too old now. His constant chewing of gum.... Why does he even have the gum? Isn't it a choking hazard?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Walsall_Ram said:

Now, don't get me wrong I love Martin as much as everyone else, but do players normally have a "sell by date" so to speak?

They do but as Chris Martin in half way through another likely 20 goal season with assists to match, I don't think his is anywhere near out of date yet.

Despite Rob Hulse being a pretty decent striker for us there was still this itchy feet reaction from our fans everytime he had a rough patch. The same old "Lazy" tag our very own CM is having branded too, seems like one big circle thinking about it!

Here's to another Robinson/Tyson partnership in a couple years time. Let's sack these decent forwards off!

1 hour ago, Walsall_Ram said:

Has Chris Martin outstayed his stay at Derby?

Trying to think of more strikers we've had at the club who have played the same/similar role that Martin has given us since 2013 and the only 2 of recent times are Steve Howard and Rob Hulse.

Both lasted 2 years at the club. Howard from 2006 to 2008 and Hulse from 2008 to 2010.

His Ikea wardrobe antics are far too old now. His constant chewing of gum.... Why does he even have the gum? Isn't it a choking hazard?

Omg.

8 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

They do but as Chris Martin in half way through another likely 20 goal season with assists to match, I don't think his is anywhere near out of date yet.

Despite Rob Hulse being a pretty decent striker for us there was still this itchy feet reaction from our fans everytime he had a rough patch. The same old "Lazy" tag our very own CM is having branded too, seems like one big circle thinking about it!

Here's to another Robinson/Tyson partnership in a couple years time. Let's sack these decent forwards off!

ahh , 'sack' ..

Carry on ..

:ph34r:

Whilst this thread may seem silly on face value, there is some substance to it. Our board wouldn't be doing there jobs properly if they weren't already assessing when to sell a player for maximum income. This doesnt just apply to martin but all of our players. Look at real madrid, there are lots of rumours going around that they are going to sell ronaldo in the summer to psg, because looking at stats and the sports analysis side of the game, they can see that his performances are decreasing as such.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Chris is well on his way to legend status for us. The timing of such a discussion makes no sense. Maybe the time for contemplation would be when plotting our next prem campaign. 

Do we want the Premier League enough though. 

Time will tell  

He's had very little service lately, he's the type of player that can look poor when the team aren't doing the right things. No runners beyond, no anticipation of the second ball and no good pull backs for him. I think the attacking players coming in will make a difference.

Archived