I've had a think..

Walsall_Ram

Really my sole hope as a fan, is that Chris Martin scores in the next 2 games, so as threads like these disappear.

So far he's scored 9 so far compared to 18 the full season last year, hardly a disaster. He might not score as many as some others but I'm not writing him off, just supporting him and hoping he takes us up. If we sign better players and he has to compete more for his place so be it.

Get rid of him? nah, you don't wanna do that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, curtains said:

To think you once voted one of my threads about this your favourite.

Is that the one where you then changed your opinion on McClaren the next day?

I remember the support McClaren thread, and agreed with you, then the next day, you wanted to sack him.

Don't take it personally Curtains, I admire your love for Derby. I am just pointing out that SOME of your posts are a bit churlish and irresponsible. Creating issues and panic is a bad thing IMO.

32 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thanks for that .

Im just making the point that it's not as easy as some fans think as regards to  trying to build a successful academy and integrate players in to the first team and get promoted at the same time  

I hope Derby get promoted I really do .

I know mate.

We all do. This will be a whole new challenge for Clements man management. 

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Is that the one where you then changed your opinion on McClaren the next day?

I remember the support McClaren thread, and agreed with you, then the next day, you wanted to sack him.

Don't take it personally Curtains, I admire your love for Derby. I am just pointing out that SOME of your posts are a bit churlish and irresponsible. Creating issues and panic is a bad thing IMO.

Mostyn I don't take it personally and I know people know I love DCFC but I have opinions good or bad but never condone personnel insults etc. 

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

Mostyn I don't take it personally and I know people know I love DCFC but I have opinions good or bad but never condone personnel insults etc. 

Idiot! :ph34r: lol ;)

25 minutes ago, curtains said:

You can't stop football fans talking maybe you want a gagging order then. 

You make me gag at times. Always such a bloody whiner.

Don't know why everyone is laughing at the possibility of selling Martin or any other Derby player. Every team should ALWAYS aim to improve otherwise you will stand still whilst your rivals will improve. Chelsea are the perfect example of this, last season they were the best team in the premier league by far but didn't add to their starting 11 in the summer, look at them now.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Don't know why everyone is laughing at the possibility of selling Martin or any other Derby player. Every team should ALWAYS aim to improve otherwise you will stand still whilst your rivals will improve. Chelsea are the perfect example of this, last season they were the best team in the premier league by far but didn't add to their starting 11 in the summer, look at them now.

Stop attention seeking lol 

Love your avatar 

We waited 18 years for a Derby player to score more than 20 league goals in a season, we get one that does it two seasons in a row, and now we want rid of him because he hasn't scored in half a dozen games?!?!??!!!!!!!?!???????????!?!?!??!?!?!??!??!?!???!?!?????!?!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!???!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!

FFS

WTAF

OMFG

If anyone knows of a picture featuring a quadruple face palm please post it up as this thread deserves it...

8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

We waited 18 years for a Derby player to score more than 20 league goals in a season, we get one that does it two seasons in a row, and now we want rid of him because he hasn't scored in half a dozen games?!?!??!!!!!!!?!???????????!?!?!??!?!?!??!??!?!???!?!?????!?!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!???!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!

FFS

WTAF

OMFG

If anyone knows of a picture featuring a quadruple face palm please post it up as this thread deserves it...

60981-Quadruple-Facepalm-meme-V9jF.jpeg

Bet you wished you hadn't asked for it now, huh?

3 hours ago, jagerbob said:He won't geT near 20 goals this season. 20 assists are more likely.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he on 9 already? At the half way point of the season. I'm more than expecting him to get at least another 9. That's not beyond the realms of reality surely. 

To be fair to @Walsall_Ram he might very well have a point.  I am intrigued by the Razza signing and it would seem we are looking for someone else with a trick or two and a bit of pace up front. Now whether that Someone is Afobe, McCormack, Blackman, Gayle or Bamford I don't know but given we have "forwards" already in Ince and Weimann I do wonder whether Clement has a preference for an interchangeable front 3 taking away the rigidity of our current approach.  Martin can only play one way (and he plays it well) but he does make us pretty predictable. I wouldn't be greatly surprised if our first pick front 3 come mid-February comprised of Camara, Ince and a "new boy", with Weimann challenging for one of those attacking spots.  

Archived