I've had a think..

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

They do but as Chris Martin in half way through another likely 20 goal season with assists to match, I don't think his is anywhere near out of date yet.

Despite Rob Hulse being a pretty decent striker for us there was still this itchy feet reaction from our fans everytime he had a rough patch. The same old "Lazy" tag our very own CM is having branded too, seems like one big circle thinking about it!

Here's to another Robinson/Tyson partnership in a couple years time. Let's sack these decent forwards off!

He won't geT near 20 goals this season. 20 assists are more likely.

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Yes and probably not in that order.

Need to get more support around chris martin whilst remaining more solid at the back than under maclaren. 

Saying it is the easy bit though.

So when we make the Premier League if we do what happens to players like Russell and Wiemann and Martin .

Do we keep them and give them a go or sell them .

What's  the incentive for the players to get to the Premier League. 

Thats a dilemma IMO 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

So when we make the Premier League if we do what happens to players like Russell and Wiemann and Martin .

Thats a dilemma IMO 

How is it?

Name one promoted team that have gone up and thrown out the nucleus of their team.

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thats a dilemma IMO 

I think you have to keep them but there is no margin for sentiment if they are given a go and found wanting.

I'm guessing of course. As long as we don't repeat the Billy Davies mistakes by alienating the current players and then replacing with worse quality! 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

So would you play Russell , Wiemann and Martin in the Premier league then .

Just wondering if you think they would do ok. 

As part of a squad, yeah, of course I would. Players can either sink or swim in the Premier League and Weimann has already showed to be plenty capable at times.

12 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I think you have to keep them but there is no margin for sentiment if they are given a go and found wanting.

I'm guessing of course. As long as we don't repeat the Billy Davies mistakes by alienating the current players and then replacing with worse quality! 

Thats the dilemma IMO and it's a problem in modern football. 

Take Mason Bennett and Zanzala for instance where do players like that fit in . 

Nigel Clough had a good approach with the academy but it's difficult.  

To win things you need the best players and they cost a lot of money. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Thats the dilemma IMO and it's a problem in modern football. 

Take Mason Bennett and Zanzala for instance where do players like that fit in . 

Nigel Clough had a good approach with the academy but it's difficult.  

To win things you need the best players and they cost a lot of money. 

Agreed. Very rare are the club's that can successfully blend a longer term build from the academy with a short term purchasing policy. 

36 minutes ago, curtains said:

Do we want the Premier League enough though. 

Time will tell  

well, considering that we gave teams a 10(ish) point lead in August and September, to be in the top 2 on New Years Day would suggest that Derby County DO want the Premier League enough.

Only someone seeking attention would suggest otherwise. Maybe QPR fans, possibly Burnley fans, probably Wolves fans, and some others can ask the question, but Boro and Derby fans can't!

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Agreed. Very rare are the club's that can successfully blend a longer term build from the academy with a short term purchasing policy. 

Thanks for that .

Im just making the point that it's not as easy as some fans think as regards to  trying to build a successful academy and integrate players in to the first team and get promoted at the same time  

I hope Derby get promoted I really do .

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

well, considering that we gave teams a 10(ish) point lead in August and September, to be in the top 2 on New Years Day would suggest that Derby County DO want the Premier League enough.

Only someone seeking attention would suggest otherwise. Maybe QPR fans, possibly Burnley fans, probably Wolves fans, and some others can ask the question, but Boro and Derby fans can't!

I'll revisit this with you at the end of the season Mostyn .

I hope DCFC get promoted I really do. 

Just remind you though that last season we were 5 points clear at the top of the table and finished 8th and the season before after a brilliant end to the season we lost to QPR in the playoff final  .

Attention seeking well if that's what you think I'm guilty  

PS I said do the players want it enough not DCFC 

DCFC definitely want the Premier League for sure. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

I'll revisit this with you at the end of the season Mostyn .

I hope DCFC get promoted I really do. 

Just remind you though that last season we were 5 points clear at the top of the table and finished 8th and the season before after a brilliant end to the season we lost to QPR in the playoff final  .

Attention seeking well if that's what you think I'm guilty  

what, well in that case, ask the questions at the end of the season, not now.

My view is well known on last season, the FANS ruined it, fans like yourself. A) Discussing how we would be ruined if Martin got injured. B) Verbally and aggressively abusing Christie, Hendrick and Forsyth, as well as Keogh's missus, and C) Making such an issue about McClaren leaving.

Do us all a favour, stop worrying and enjoy the ride. Stop trying to derail the season by creating issues again.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

what, well in that case, ask the questions at the end of the season, not now.

My view is well known on last season, the FANS ruined it, fans like yourself. A) Discussing how we would be ruined if Martin got injured. B) Verbally and aggressively abusing Christie, Hendrick and Forsyth, as well as Keogh's missus, and C) Making such an issue about McClaren leaving.

Do us all a favour, stop worrying and enjoy the ride. Stop trying to derail the season by creating issues again.

Mostyn that's very unfair I am Keoghs biggest fan. 

Hendrick is one of my favorite players .

Martin was injured and  McClaren left. 

Your having a laugh. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Mostyn that's very unfair I am Keoghs biggest fan. 

Hendrick is one of my favorite players .

Martin was injured and  McClaren left. 

Your having a laugh. 

McClaren did not leave, and saw the season to a conclusion. All the nonsense could and should have waited until the end of the season and perhaps the season would've ended differently. Please note that I said, fans like yourself, not just you.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

McClaren did not leave, and saw the season to a conclusion. All the nonsense could and should have waited until the end of the season and perhaps the season would've ended differently. Please note that I said, fans like yourself, not just you.

It was just him Mostyn.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

You can't stop football fans talking maybe you want a gagging order then. 

Archived