Johnny Russell (only from twitter.. skybet)

Dr. Gonzo

Never give a rival an advantage when there is no need. Having too many players is not bad. Having too few is bad. We need to avoid the massive mistake made last year of not having adequate replacements. We need four more players to cover all eventualities. A mobile striker, a winger or two who can cross a ball accurately and repeatedly plus two fullbacks. if I was Mel.. What a guy, I would risk another £20 million trying to get us promoted this season. We are not as good as Boro. Hull are as good as us. We must now beat Hull at home. McCormack is the best gamble. He will get goals from the wing and can cover if Martin is injured.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we have plenty of pace in our team. Russell, Weimann and Ince are quick. Cyrus is fast. 

Russell is very direct. 

It's composure and quality on the ball we need from wingers imo. How often are two of the three involved in the sort of neat exchanges ending in quality chances. 

1 hour ago, toldu said:

Rumour now is that Jackett is a big fan and he will be part of the Afobe deal     ie    Johnny plus £8m

If that rumour were true we'd still be lacking on the wings so would need another player to come in to fill Johnny's place. Would rather just add a couple mil on top to keep JR and get Afobe.

Everyone likes johnny inc me.... but there are better wingers out there like mcmanaman, if have to let john go to get afobe so be it. Russell dawkins shotton out.... afobe olsson mcmanaman.... and for good measure... zach clough in.... promotion done and dusted then

While researching another subject, it struck me just how vital Russell has been in seasons past, in terms of both goals and assists.

I'd be more than happy to retain his services, especially at a £2m fee, and see if he can recapture his previous form.

On 3 January 2016 at 01:10, Gandalf's shin pads said:

Going to stick my neck out here. 

Absolutely nothing against Russell, he has on the whole been a good player, but I think perhaps his time with us has come. He runs through brick walls but often doesn't seem to have a clue what to do once he's knocked them down. Everything inbetween is usually very commendable, but the first and last touch that bookend all the endeavour are often pretty shoddy I'm afraid.

If we think we can get a decent price and have a good replacement lined up, I think I'd sell...

Its pretty sad that this got 13 likes.

why is it that...............oh forget it.

Archived