Hartlepool United v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbadbob said:

Yep, you were misinterpreting

Yes, not for the first time. Every time I see your posts, this is the image I see in my mind's eye....

07-minister.jpg

2 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

You're right of course. I'd hate to have a career as a professional footballer, especially in this day and age

It's not easy for them mate. So many speed cameras, breathalyzers, journalists and John Terry.

It's a minefield, bob

1 hour ago, jono said:

Thanks for that cracking succinct summary Angie ram. Was glued to the radio but you never quite get the real feel that a sound 1st person match report can give. Listening to the Beeb and seeing the highlights Butterfield really is getting better and better. Range of passes and touch looks like we have a real deal premier league player. Again from the highlights, it looks like we have a winger who can skin a defender, get to the bye line and cross with fills my tradionalist heart with glee

Dunno.. You can still tell Shotton is sh$te listening to radio. 

7 hours ago, billinghampoolie said:

As a pools fan I've got to say that was like a throw back to the good old days when there was atmosphere in the ground. Two teams going at it in a proper tight football ground everything the f.a cup used to be like. Great game shame we never held on for I think might of been a deserved draw.

You deserved a draw mate. Derby have some very expensive players by your standards and a bit of extra class did for you. Your performance was a credit to your club, billinghampoolie.

We had loads of possesion first half, it was if we were trying to pass them to death and tire them out, thinking about it, they'd not had a match since before Xmas so maybe it was a good tactic?

The midfield didn't shine in the first half, nobody seemed to get a hold of the ball and pick a probing pass to the front men. 

We forced a mad 2 mins of pressure just before the whistle went for half time and they had them panicking.

second half was much better, maybe because I could actually see what they were doing as I'd forgotten to bring my glassers from the car.

jonny Russel looked very good at close quarters and did well, Blackman looked very good too. Butters is obvious class isn't he? 

I was most impressed with Razza, first half taking corners he looked like we'd been sold a complete fake of a player as he struggled with line, length etc, he was fine when he got a cross in, but seemed to struggle with a dead ball cross?  Second half he really found his form, I was watching from the left side of the stand across to the other wing where he was operating out wide and he looked very impressive.  When he faced up a defender he has the knack of dropping a shoulder, faking a move and generally mesmerising the defender. Seems to be able to cut inside and also get to the line before delivering vicious crosses into the box at speed.  But I guess he was up against lower league defenders, but still I think he wil be a good purchase for Derby.

The ground was great really, apart from the restricted views by the pillars but when you support larger clubs like ours i think we are very spoiled.  I heard a few hipsters walking in munching on there pies and burgers isaying "what a **** hole!"  But this is football, these grounds are proper grounds, if I was a local there Id be proud to support that club.  I think fans need to appreciate them a bit more.

Over all, a great day out, nice fans, nice ground, good result. Let's see who we get next?

The ground was great really, apart from the restricted views by the pillars but when you support larger clubs like ours i think we are very spoiled.  I heard a few hipsters walking in munching on there pies and burgers isaying "what a **** hole!"  But this is football, these grounds are proper grounds, if I was a local there Id be proud to support that club.  I think fans need to appreciate them a bit more.

Yes. It is clubs and grounds like this that produce the stars of tomorrow. It's where true fans go. Today's grounds are more robust and practical but they are often soulless and strangely quiet. You still have to queue for a pee, pie and pint and we shouldn't kid ourselves we watch at some kind of hotel.

I am glad Hartlepool were able to hold onto the dream for such a large part of the game. I am, of course, also glad we are in the hat and that our new guys have had a run out. Not sure anyone other than perhaps Pearce enhanced their chances of getting back into the XI.

Two wins this week and we can forget the Middlesboro setback.

It strikes me those criticising Hartlepools ground could be from the Sky generation, you know, the football wasn't invented until 1992 brigade. 

They weren't around in the days of Ayrsome Park, Leeds Road and others we went to regularly, it's a shame they didn't embrace the occasion and think how lucky we are to be in the position we are in.

If the reality of how football is run at some lower league clubs they might consider staying at home if we have the misfortune to be drawn against such teams. 

23 minutes ago, Boycie said:

We had loads of possesion first half, it was if we were trying to pass them to death and tire them out, thinking about it, they'd not had a match since before Xmas so maybe it was a good tactic?

The midfield didn't shine in the first half, nobody seemed to get a hold of the ball and pick a probing pass to the front men. 

We forced a mad 2 mins of pressure just before the whistle went for half time and they had them panicking.

second half was much better, maybe because I could actually see what they were doing as I'd forgotten to bring my glassers from the car.

jonny Russel looked very good at close quarters and did well, Blackman looked very good too. Butters is obvious class isn't he? 

I was most impressed with Razza, first half taking corners he looked like we'd been sold a complete fake of a player as he struggled with line, length etc, he was fine when he got a cross in, but seemed to struggle with a dead ball cross?  Second half he really found his form, I was watching from the left side of the stand across to the other wing where he was operating out wide and he looked very impressive.  When he faced up a defender he has the knack of dropping a shoulder, faking a move and generally mesmerising the defender. Seems to be able to cut inside and also get to the line before delivering vicious crosses into the box at speed.  But I guess he was up against lower league defenders, but still I think he wil be a good purchase for Derby.

Over all, a great day out, nice fans, nice ground, good result. Let's see who we get next?

Sounds great.

thank god you didn't make any sort of positive comment about bryson, or it could have all kicked off again.

(you risked it a bit by praising johny russell mind).

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Sounds great.

thank god you didn't make any sort of positive comment about bryson, or it could have all kicked off again.

(you risked it a bit by praising johny russell mind).

My long distance view isn't great, but I didn't think any midfielder stood out first half, to be honest when Bryson came off I couldn't really remember him doing anything? 

Mr Russel did well, but he was really close to the away fans when attacking, so I could see that great!:lol:

Archived