Hartlepool United v Derby County

Boycie

13 minutes ago, needles said:

He's done well in patches, very well in some games, but been in and out of the team, and anonymous some afternoons when the blend has been wrong in midfield. He's nowhere near either centre half in the PoTY stakes.

Maybe not yet but if he continues to influence games in the way he has done recently then he could well push Keogh close (in my opinion).

I remember him playing at Pride Park (probably for Barnsley) and he totally controlled the game - I thought then this guy is some talent so who knows what progress he could have made without his injuries and being at the wrong clubs i.e. those whose style of play didn't bring out the best of that talent. 

To me, with how he's playing, he could be the Championships' answer to David Silva.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

You're right of course. I'd hate to have a career as a professional footballer, especially in this day and age

If you hold them so much in contempt, why don't you find a different pastime?

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Butterfield has two Player of the Year honours already - at Hudders and Barnsley.

And he looks on course to grab another one here. He's a fantastic player, knew it from the moment I saw him tearing teams to shreds during Keith Hill's Barnsley days.

Don't be silly , Keogh and shackel have been by far our best 2 players this season and by a country mile at that 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I'm absolutely certain that there will be days that Bryson starts, days that Butterfield starts and, who knows, when Will is fit, days that both - or neither - will start.

It's very much a squad game. Paul Clement is more than happy to change personnel, formations and style of play dependent upon the opposition, and I'm pretty sure that the players have already demonstrated how eager they are to buy into the manager/head coach's/club's philosophy.

Not sure who the scapegoat will be though.

The captain obviously :pinch:

(Of course that includes recourse to the captain's wife too)

Just now, RIMBAUD said:

not sure that's enough by way of proper feedback. 

i'm ok with it - but you know what the rest are like...

(btw don't criticise craig)

;):):ph34r:

I'm trying to get the thread back on track.

loved that I could park right next to the stadium for £4.

Bryson is class. Most derby supporters are excited to see Bryson back out there. Valleyram reminds us of the fact. If you don't like pro Bryson posts then just gloss over them rather than having to attack the poster simply because he has constant faith in the Derby player. 

54 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Maybe not yet but if he continues to influence games in the way he has done recently then he could well push Keogh close (in my opinion).

I remember him playing at Pride Park (probably for Barnsley) and he totally controlled the game - I thought then this guy is some talent so who knows what progress he could have made without his injuries and being at the wrong clubs i.e. those whose style of play didn't bring out the best of that talent. 

To me, with how he's playing, he could be the Championships' answer to David Silva.

He reminds me of Santi Cazorla

Enjoyed the match today - I know what @Boycie means. Great to be so close to the pitch and in our case the net! 

The most obvious thing to say is that a 'team' who has never played together before is bound to struggle  for fluency and understanding but given that scenario, I  thought they did quite well. 

Hartlepool were fired up and they and their crowd played their part in a good old-fashioned cup tie. Sorry to hear our fans insulting theirs - I  hated it when Chelsea did that to us last year. 

Good to see Bucko back - he played well,  although his distribution was rusty. Pierce probably did slightly better in that regard. 

Forwards were lively but the midfield struggled somewhat. I was not impressed with Baird and Hanson was less certain than in previous appearances. Bryson was busy but not always effective - great to see him back on the pitch, though.

The team needed a bit of class - cue Butterfield. He made the difference when he came on. Scoring and getting the ball out to Camara, who made a quite impressive debut. 

Bent and Blackman worked hard with not always the best service and Bent deserved his 200th goal - pleased for him.

Ten changes, a good encounter,  in the draw for the next round and a team of rested players for Tuesday night - can't be bad - I just hope Warnock gets his cryotherapy in! 

Thanks for that cracking succinct summary Angie ram. Was glued to the radio but you never quite get the real feel that a sound 1st person match report can give. Listening to the Beeb and seeing the highlights Butterfield really is getting better and better. Range of passes and touch looks like we have a real deal premier league player. Again from the highlights, it looks like we have a winger who can skin a defender, get to the bye line and cross with fills my tradionalist heart with glee

Derby were struggling in the first we could not get the ball down and play with there pitch did not make it easy. But we went a bit more route one and in the end it was starting to work.  But I think jake buxton had a really good game today considing how long he has been out. But the new boys grew  into the game as the went on but one stole the show and we all know who he is abdoul camara he played really well 2nd half he caused them some probleams little twinkle toes to me remind me of geouge kingzlade how went flying past them like they were not there and they did not have a clue what he was going to do next. But chris bird nearly gave a sillow goal for me he does not suit our style of play. Darren bent I am so pleased he got his goal at long he been threating this for a few weeks now. I am hoping he goes on now and maybe get a few more when he comes on.

Johnny russsell I think he also had a good he maybe should have got himself a goal as well. But he just could not get a goal at the moment but he put some really good service into darren bent and nick blackwell all day long. Butterfield once he came on it went up another level but with a few secound he ran up and scored a brillent goal. But I have to say the young goal keeper he looked a little nevourse and first game in playing in front of such a large crowd for first time. But he did really well once he got going and yes he let a goal in but there was nrothing he could do to stop it from going in.

As for derby fans I think some of chants went a little bit far with there club monscot and I think some of chant were really sickening at best but there fans were giving our lot some stick so I see nrothing giving it back.

4 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

I don't hold them in comtempt

It didn't come across as though there was a lot of respect there - but perhaps I was misinterpreting. It happens.

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Derby were struggling in the first we could not get the ball down and play with there pitch did not make it easy. But we went a bit more route one and in the end it was starting to work.  But I think jake buxton had a really good game today considing how long he has been out. But the new boys grew  into the game as the went on but one stole the show and we all know who he is abdoul camara he played really well 2nd half he caused them some probleams little twinkle toes to me remind me of geouge kingzlade how went flying past them like they were not there and they did not have a clue what he was going to do next. But chris bird nearly gave a sillow goal for me he does not suit our style of play. Darren bent I am so pleased he got his goal at long he been threating this for a few weeks now. I am hoping he goes on now and maybe get a few more when he comes on.

Johnny russsell I think he also had a good he maybe should have got himself a goal as well. But he just could not get a goal at the moment but he put some really good service into darren bent and nick blackwell all day long. Butterfield once he came on it went up another level but with a few secound he ran up and scored a brillent goal. But I have to say the young goal keeper he looked a little nevourse and first game in playing in front of such a large crowd for first time. But he did really well once he got going and yes he let a goal in but there was nrothing he could do to stop it from going in.

As for derby fans I think some of chants went a little bit far with there club monscot and I think some of chant were really sickening at best but there fans were giving our lot some stick so I see nrothing giving it back.

Where is the old b4 and what have you done with him. Good win btw :) 

Archived