Hartlepool United v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

It strikes me those criticising Hartlepools ground could be from the Sky generation, you know, the football wasn't invented until 1992 brigade. 

They weren't around in the days of Ayrsome Park, Leeds Road and others we went to regularly, it's a shame they didn't embrace the occasion and think how lucky we are to be in the position we are in.

If the reality of how football is run at some lower league clubs they might consider staying at home if we have the misfortune to be drawn against such teams. 

if people are happy to go to grounds 3 miles away from the town centre in a retail park. Sat in a ground exactly the same as 30 others with little or no atmosphere then I guess that's their choice. When our ground is full or nearly full and we have a big game it can be as good as any ground in the lower leagues.

1 minute ago, billinghampoolie said:

if people are happy to go to grounds 3 miles away from the town centre in a retail park. Sat in a ground exactly the same as 30 others with little or no atmosphere then I guess that's their choice. When our ground is full or nearly full and we have a big game it can be as good as any ground in the lower leagues.

Wasn't there 4000 empty seats yesterday?

I was in the terrace down the side of the pitch, just walked up & paid my £15 - I couldn't get a ticket in our end but just kept an eye on their website & took a chance.

Interesting listening to the locals, they didn't seem aware of the fact that this was our 'backup' team they just saw it as a chance to play/beat a higher club - fair play

The fans around me warmly applauded our fans when the attendance was read out although I cannot see how the ground was only just over half full - one of those mystery low declared attendances I think.

I've also noticed that Reading played their 1st eleven at Huddersfield so hopefully they will be a little tired on Tuesday.

16 hours ago, Rampage said:

I did not want Derby to win today, then I did not want them to draw when it was 2 -1. Nobody got injured , some squad players got a game and we scored two goals, so it was a good day out. Boro have 22 games to play. We have 21 plus ? Play the same team in the next round?

Don't think they will let us play Hartlepool again in the next round 

3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Don't think they will let us play Hartlepool again in the next round 

If we played them in every round we could beat them in the Final at the Groundhog Stadium, simples. We could retain the trophy each year using the same principle. It would be like winning the Pools every year, richinspain.

I was in Barcelona and Malaga last month. Lovely out there, enjoy

2 minutes ago, billinghampoolie said:

4000 empty seats? Official made up attendance was 4800 and something ground capacity is 7800 now I'm not sure what schools are like in your area but there seems to be quite a few who think there was 4000 empty seats lol.

Schools are for puffs.

30 minutes ago, billinghampoolie said:

4000 empty seats? Official made up attendance was 4800 and something ground capacity is 7800 now I'm not sure what schools are like in your area but there seems to be quite a few who think there was 4000 empty seats lol.

My post wasn't serious lol. 

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

My long distance view isn't great, but I didn't think any midfielder stood out first half, to be honest when Bryson came off I couldn't really remember him doing anything? 

Mr Russel did well, but he was really close to the away fans when attacking, so I could see that great!:lol:

Reminded me of Peter Reid (?) in the hand of god game where he was 2 yards behind maradona all the way for his goal :whistle:

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

If we played them in every round we could beat them in the Final at the Groundhog Stadium, simples. We could retain the trophy each year using the same principle. It would be like winning the Pools every year, richinspain.

I was in Barcelona and Malaga last month. Lovely out there, enjoy

There would still be some on here complaining because we hadn't won the cup by enough goals each year :D.

I've been living near Valencia for nearly 19 years. Like any place it's got it's really good things going for it, and some not so good, but in general I'm really happy out here thanks. Never been to Malaga, but I do like Barcelona. Valencia is well worth a visit.

33 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Mrs hants likes to refer to me as a shining wit.

Mind you she does suffer an  awful tendency to spoonerisms

For years I thought the Boss Lady was referring to me as an esteemed great wit. But I know now it was actually a steaming great twit

Archived