Hartlepool United v Derby County

Boycie

I'm absolutely certain that there will be days that Bryson starts, days that Butterfield starts and, who knows, when Will is fit, days that both - or neither - will start.

It's very much a squad game. Paul Clement is more than happy to change personnel, formations and style of play dependent upon the opposition, and I'm pretty sure that the players have already demonstrated how eager they are to buy into the manager/head coach's/club's philosophy.

Not sure who the scapegoat will be though.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

That was one of the things that infuriated me with Clough - too many square pegs in round holes

In fairness, he didn't have a tenth of the budget that McClaren or Clement had

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Butterfield is starting to take Derby County by the scruff of the neck. He is very good and getting better.

He's a good footballer isn't he? I know that sounds a bit daft in a way because they all are but what I mean is he seems to be finding himself with more time on the ball coupled with a desire and ability to express himself and show what he can do.

I always think of players finding themselves 'at home' - somewhere they belong. Perhaps that's happened with Butterfield...

30 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm absolutely certain that there will be days that Bryson starts, days that Butterfield starts and, who knows, when Will is fit, days that both - or neither - will start.

It's very much a squad game. Paul Clement is more than happy to change personnel, formations and style of play dependent upon the opposition, and I'm pretty sure that the players have already demonstrated how eager they are to buy into the manager/head coach's/club's philosophy.

Not sure who the scapegoat will be though.

Good post which is exactly what will happen Eddie 

29 minutes ago, Derbados said:

One thing I saw on the Highlights at the end that really frustrated me is Johnny Russell! the ball comes out to him on the right and he's got options everywhere in the box. He decides after a couple of seconds thinking about it to chip a pathetic ball into the box that was cleared with ease. He does it far to often imo 

I'm not a big Russell fan for precisely this reason. Like him, like his attitude, like his pace, like his work rate... but he just seems more of a 'put it in an area' guy. Plays with his head down. 

Find those players too frustrating. That's why I rant about the obsession with pace. Pace is great but it's hard to move at speed and see what's going on. 

Top lad though. You wouldn't mind if everyone had his attitude.

24 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

He's a good footballer isn't he? I know that sounds a bit daft in a way because they all are but what I mean is he seems to be finding himself with more time on the ball coupled with a desire and ability to express himself and show what he can do.

I always think of players finding themselves 'at home' - somewhere they belong. Perhaps that's happened with Butterfield...

He never looks happy though does he? Even when scoring there's little or no celebration from him - not even a smile ?

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

He never looks happy though does he? Even when scoring there's little or no celebration from him - not even a smile ?

Told ya , he's cool , like Paddy ..

d81ed24e-b43a-11e3-_553826b.jpg

i love both of their 'coolness '

I did not want Derby to win today, then I did not want them to draw when it was 2 -1. Nobody got injured , some squad players got a game and we scored two goals, so it was a good day out. Boro have 22 games to play. We have 21 plus ? Play the same team in the next round?

Thing is , we got through a banana skin game without using/tiring any of our preferred first eleven

plus giving a very useful outing to our fringe/ returning from injury players ,

i'm well chuffed , Well done lads !!

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Butterfield has two Player of the Year honours already - at Hudders and Barnsley.

And he looks on course to grab another one here. He's a fantastic player, knew it from the moment I saw him tearing teams to shreds during Keith Hill's Barnsley days.

He's done well in patches, very well in some games, but been in and out of the team, and anonymous some afternoons when the blend has been wrong in midfield. He's nowhere near either centre half in the PoTY stakes.

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Butterfield has two Player of the Year honours already - at Hudders and Barnsley.

And he looks on course to grab another one here. He's a fantastic player, knew it from the moment I saw him tearing teams to shreds during Keith Hill's Barnsley days.

He is a very determined, skilled player. He can see a pass very early and then make that pass with either foot. Quality player.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Valley Ram - you're doing it again and I don't think you realise it. Told you before I'm a fan of Bryson but every time you big him up you alienate more people on here (and I know you're probably not bothered which is fair enough).

If you'd said "sometimes the stick Derby players get on here is laughable" then OK but by putting "good player" you're at it once more.

Tedious

So he's not allowed to say he's a good player??

ffs.

Archived