Hartlepool United v Derby County

Boycie

A fully fit Bryson could very well re-claim a regular first team shirt. IMO. He's not been right for 18 months, and you can forget how effective he is.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, needles said:

Maybe. I reckon/hope he can still deliver. Wasn't he PoTY twice anyway?

yep. which is why he doesn't need bigging up to look good in fans eyes. Its always better to be get appreciation because you do good things, rather than because you try to point out bad things others do. Posters on here are clever enough to realise that he is off form at the moment, no amount of bigging up will change their minds and some will not like seeing it

Totally unnecessary feeding frenzy on here.

bryson has run himself into the ground for our club, so i don't see the need to rubbish him, 

Now......what about the match?

i'd agree that the incidents in the highlights looked far better than they sounded on radio.

Stonking goal by them 

great shot against the bar

good diving header from bent.....etc

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

yep. which is why he doesn't need bigging up to look good in fans eyes. Its always better to be get appreciation because you do good things, rather than because you try to point out bad things others do. Posters on here are clever enough to realise that he is off form at the moment, no amount of bigging up will change their minds and some will not like seeing it

I've not read the thread in any detail so I don't know where that's coming from. Just saw Bryson called a fringe player and disagreed. 

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why are you being personal you fraggle?

I'm not saying taking him off was right or wrong, I'm just pointing out the delusional ARROGANCE in your post that Bryson somehow ALLOWED the substitution.

If anyone is a fool here, it's you, thinking Bryson has a say in anything. He's a paid employee, nothing more, nothing less. He will do what he's told and you putting him on a pedestal is creating resentment towards you and him.

Four months ago when we signed Butterfield, you was all over the forum suggesting Butterfield would make way and wouldn't get a look in once Bryson was fit, I, like others, think this is rubbish. I think it's the other way around.

Bryson, is now a fringe player.... accept it.

Where did I say Bryso allowed the substitution ? There was no way he would play any more than an hour today and the substitution was obviously right as we went on and won the game .

In your opinion Bryso is a fringe player , time will tell whether that be true or not but if he is derby county will have some team , butterfield has improved in recent weeks and looks a player but when he's won not one but 2 player of the years I will say he's a right good player , competition is healthy , there will be games for both of them 

I thought the point being made was that Bryson had run them into the ground and that running allowed Butterfield to come on against a tired team. I've no idea what this allowing a sub nonsense is all about. I'm glad Bryson is back and got an hour or so. He's had one off season was first choice start of the season then did his knee. Hopefully he comes back and links up with Martin like he used to.

17 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Where did I say Bryso allowed the substitution ? There was no way he would play any more than an hour today and the substitution was obviously right as we went on and won the game .

In your opinion Bryso is a fringe player , time will tell whether that be true or not but if he is derby county will have some team , butterfield has improved in recent weeks and looks a player but when he's won not one but 2 player of the years I will say he's a right good player , competition is healthy , there will be games for both of them 

you said Bryson allowed butts to come in and score. Probably misinterpreted though.

I think an hour after being out for so long is just fine 

nice of him to do the donkey work then allow butts to come in and score 

that's teamwork for u ?

44 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why are you being personal you fraggle?

I'm not saying taking him off was right or wrong, I'm just pointing out the delusional ARROGANCE in your post that Bryson somehow ALLOWED the substitution.

If anyone is a fool here, it's you, thinking Bryson has a say in anything. He's a paid employee, nothing more, nothing less. He will do what he's told and you putting him on a pedestal is creating resentment towards you and him.

Four months ago when we signed Butterfield, you was all over the forum suggesting Butterfield would make way and wouldn't get a look in once Bryson was fit, I, like others, think this is rubbish. I think it's the other way around.

Bryson, is now a fringe player.... accept it.

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

I love the way statements like player x can play in a position if needed appear when lack of cover is discussed. Its almost as if its to justify the decision not to bring cover in.

That was one of the things that infuriated me with Clough - too many square pegs in round holes

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

you said Bryson allowed butts to come in and score. Probably misinterpreted though.

Ha I think he's a good player but he's no the manager ffs , I would imagine the plan was he'd get an hour the day then butterfield would come on regardless whether we were winning easily or down a goal 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I missed the game. Reading a little of the thread it seems Hanson came off injured. Shame about that, but hopefully it's not a bad one and thankfully he's not someone we'd class as a key player right now.

Well no but shades of last year both thorne and Hanson injured our two CDMs both injured. Last year it was eustace , thorne and mascarell. 

One thing I saw on the Highlights at the end that really frustrated me is Johnny Russell! the ball comes out to him on the right and he's got options everywhere in the box. He decides after a couple of seconds thinking about it to chip a pathetic ball into the box that was cleared with ease. He does it far to often imo 

Just got back. Well, that was a close shave. We should have been well ahead before they scored but it was a superb goal from them in fairness. Obviously we weren't very fluent in our play what with so many 'new' players, and cup games are always capable of throwing up an upset. But our midfield were so ponderous. None of the three in the middle did anything but stay central and pass short after dwelling on the ball. The front players were far more enterprising but lacked a clinical finish, Blackman was good but couldn't hit the target. Defensively we were as suspect as we've been all season, I don't see any of the three fringe lads getting a look in, although Bucko was his usual self and good to see him back. Shotton is not a full back. 

Young keeper did well enough, got a good reception from the home crowd don't know what that was about, was he once their player? Or born there? Dunno. 

Game changed when Butters came on. Looked like he had all the time in the world to do his stuff, he looked like a world class player against League Two opponents really. And it worked for the front three at the time who came alive, Camara especially. Very raw i think, but great pace and very direct. Butterfield picked him out four or five times with balls in behind. 

Butters goal was trademark stuff, think of his Rotherham strike. Tracer missile. Lasered in from 20 yards. And Bent deserve his goal too, lovely finish. 

We're through. Job done. But simple? Not until the subs. I adore Butterfield. 

1 hour ago, valleyram said:

I don't slag any Derby player I expect supporters to act in the same way , they can dig at me all they want I couldn't care less but sometimes the stick good players get on here is laughable 

Valley Ram - you're doing it again and I don't think you realise it. Told you before I'm a fan of Bryson but every time you big him up you alienate more people on here (and I know you're probably not bothered which is fair enough).

If you'd said "sometimes the stick Derby players get on here is laughable" then OK but by putting "good player" you're at it once more.

Tedious

Archived