Nick Blackman

irobinson

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

To where? 

I don't know. I'm not suggesting it, I just don't see why we'd be making these signings (if indeed we are) without some form of plan. 

4 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Most of the Wedneday lot say the figure is lower than 2m... Surely a steal at that

At under £2mil it would be worth it but as a squad player alone. I still think if we signed him we wouldn't have signed the goalscorer we'd be looking for.

I'm not so sure we would spend big on another player if we got Blackman, but if we got McCormack for around £8mil we'd be looking at McCormack, Camara & Blackman for just over £11mil which ain't bad business.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

1 season wonder. I still stand correct what I said about him. Don't bother to cause more arguments. 

I stand corrected that he has scored more than all of our players so you can't call him overrated like you did previously.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Playing out his skin in his final year of his contract?

hmmmmm?

another kris Conmons?

Demonstrates the market rise too.

2011 - Kris Commons (27 years old) - 26 apps, 13 goals before being sold for 300k

2016 - Nick Blackman (26 years old) - 25 apps, 11 goals with a possible £2-3million fee.

Either the market has increased dramatically or we were just ***** at selling.

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

This one could be happening for sure. 

13 goals and 7 assists this season. Hes scored more than anyone in our side and some of our fans say that we dont need him. 

Would be really good if our fans didnt dismiss a player before he has had a chance. 

ITK ?

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

This one could be happening for sure. 

13 goals and 7 assists this season. Hes scored more than anyone in our side and some of our fans say that we dont need him. 

Would be really good if our fans didnt dismiss a player before he has had a chance. 

Its happening then? 

2 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

For those looking at Blackman's record before this season.

Wasn't the same being said about Martin? Granted he came for free..

To be fair this was in a climate where we were still in a rebuilding stage. We didn't have the luxury of being able to afford £3+ million pound strikers, so Chris Martin for free couldn't be scoffed at.

I think Blackman would be a good signing but the reason I'm concerned is the fact we are obviously after another goal scorer to push us towards the PL. If this lad is the answer then I'm not overly confident. Think he would be a great squad player but not at the level we'd need to get to the next level. Wouldn't really want to pay any more than £2mil personally.

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

This is definately happening. 

In advanced talks with us. 

Up to him whether he wants to come here or go to Sheff Weds.

Any idea of the fee?

A 26 year old who can leave for free in June. Can't see Reading doing that well out of the deal, £2mil perhaps?

Also would this put an end to our search for a striker this window?

To be fair although it is only one good season in his career, it's been a pretty good season so he must have something about him.

I've just seen a tweet from a Reading account comparing the involvement in their goals from each of their players. Compare Blackman's involvement compared to a player like Vydra, who I'm sure many on here would definitely have at Derby.

Archived