Nick Blackman

irobinson

On 3 January 2016 at 18:21, irobinson said:

no far from it - just someone who can score!!!!

Lol. 

These players can score for us see list below

Chris Martin 

Tom Ince 

Darren Bent 

Johnny Russell 

Andi Weimann 

Jacob Butterfield 

Bradley Johnson 

Jeff Hendrick 

Jason Shackell 

Richard Keogh 

George Thorne 

Possibly Camera? 

;) 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Lol. 

These players can score for us see list below

Chris Martin 

Tom Ince 

Darren Bent 

Johnny Russell 

Andi Weimann 

Jacob Butterfield 

Bradley Johnson 

Jeff Hendrick 

Jason Shackell 

Richard Keogh 

George Thorne 

Possibly Camera? 

;) 

But Blackman has scored more than all of them this season in an inferior team :thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But Blackman has scored more than all of them this season in an inferior team :thumbsup:

1 season wonder. I still stand correct what I said about him. Don't bother to cause more arguments. 

Didn't realise Blackman was in the last year of his contract. The fee agreed between Wednesday and Reading is apparently around £3 million. Never been a huge fan of his myself, but £3 million for a player who can play both out wide or up front and is one of the top scorers in the league isn't bad.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Didn't realise Blackman was in the last year of his contract. The fee agreed between Wednesday and Reading is apparently around £3 million. Never been a huge fan of his myself, but £3 million for a player who can play both out wide or up front and is one of the top scorers in the league isn't bad.

Not great either... 26 and this is his first good season. I prefer our gamble on Razza nearly a third of the cost.

18 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not great either... 26 and this is his first good season. I prefer our gamble on Razza nearly a third of the cost.

He's been poor in recent seasons yes, but he's obviously improved a lot to have 13 goals and 7 assists this season. He's had a hand in 20 out of their 30 league goals.

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

He's been poor in recent seasons yes, but he's obviously improved a lot to have 13 goals and 7 assists this season. He's had a hand in 20 out of their 30 league goals.

Whilst that is true, could also be an outlier. Just think it could equally not pay off. Which is why I prefer our punt for the cost. Both seem to have similar attributes to me.

Not really too keen on this if it happens. Over 100 games for Reading and scored something like 18 goals in that time. 11 of them have come this season.

He's 26 years old and has 44 career goals in just under 200 games. Really not special. We are obviously looking for a striker. I hope we don't sign a half season wonder like Blackman and consider that position sorted. Is he really going to be the difference to fire us to promotion?

Personally I don't think so

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Most of the replies to that tweet are saying he's perfect for 4-3-3 and one guy said he's scored most his goals from right wing. So if he came he'd either be played out of position on the left, or we'd change to a 4-2-3-1 and it's not longer the ideal formation for him. :ermm:

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Most of the replies to that tweet are saying he's perfect for 4-3-3 and one guy said he's scored most his goals from right wing. So if he came he'd either be played out of position on the left, or we'd change to a 4-2-3-1 and it's not longer the ideal formation for him. :ermm:

or move Ince off the right?

1 minute ago, WorksopRam said:

11 goals and 2 assists, according to WhoScored. 

Ahh my mistake, was just going off a message a Reading friend sent me. He said one of their local journalists still thinks he's going to Derby and not Wednesday and that he's contributed to 20 of their 30 goals this season. He's obviously miles off. :lol:

If we go for him it's purely out of cost. Afobe & McCormack would be around £10mil a piece. Gayle & Grabban around £6mil each.

We just need another outlet that we can look to for goals when CM is marked out of the game or having an off day. Blackman would not cost a lot, 26, out of contract in 6 months. Would expect the fee to be around 2.5mil - that's what's going around on Twitter with SWFC fans anyway.

Although as has been mentioned, he scores from the right wing, which suggests further a system change should he arrive.

4-2-3-1 with Martin up top, Razza left, Ince central and Blackman right?

Archived