Nick Blackman

irobinson

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

To be fair although it is only one good season in his career, it's been a pretty good season so he must have something about him.

I've just seen a tweet from a Reading account comparing the involvement in their goals from each of their players. Compare Blackman's involvement compared to a player like Vydra, who I'm sure many on here would definitely have at Derby.

Very impressive but this is still a risk given that he hasn't done an awful lot with the exception of this season.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One attribute that comes to mind is pace though, Blackman is supposed to be very fast isn't he (that's what I've heard, I know very little about him)? 

If so, it becomes apparent that pace was a very high priority for the recruitment team.

1 minute ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Some people saying 11 goals 2 assists, others saying 13 goals 7 assists?!?!

11 goals, 2 assists according to transfermarkt and whoscored. 

Although, interestingly he's only scored twice (and no assists) in the last 13 games. Didn't realise that. So he hasn't been good (statistically in terms of goals/assists) for half a season, he's been good for a quarter of one. :lol:

Just now, SaintRam said:

11 goals, 2 assists according to transfermarkt and whoscored. 

Although, interestingly he's only scored twice (and no assists) in the last 13 games. Didn't realise that. So he hasn't been good (statistically in terms of goals/assists) for half a season, he's been good for a quarter of one. :lol:

They've fell to bits as a whole team though really, they started really well.

6 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Some people saying 11 goals 2 assists, others saying 13 goals 7 assists?!?!

Perhaps his league return vs his return in all comps?

Just a guess, would explain the big difference in figures though.

Just now, Malagaram said:

Saying on Sky he has signed for Wednesday,why would he choose them over us ?

Perhaps he doubts his first team chances with us? - Or maybe they seemed more keen - Or maybe we weren't in for him. There are lots of reasons.

He hasnt signed for weds.... all thats happened is they have accepted their offer.... he is in talks with us.... buts weds tryna hijack the deal.... lets see if he has premier league aspirations and joins us or more worried bout his wallet and joins them.... dont think gametime comes into it, he should have confidence in his own ability to break into either side imo

Archived