Nick Blackman

irobinson

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To clarify, we've just bought Camara who is a 'winger / striker', and are interested in Blackman who is also a 'winger / striker'. Unless someone is on their way out, would it not make sense to have bought one out and out right midfielder, and one out and out striker?

This is the first real window after assessing his players that PC has been able to switch /upgrade/ change balance of squad to fit HIS preferred system. Apart from Johnson and Butterfield he has an inherited squad and a basic system.  Now is his chance to juggle........

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Shackell £4m though :lol: still find it so much funny. 

That wasn't his fee. That's what we pay him a year.

People need to stop seeing players as players that don't fit into our system and start seeing them as players that can allow us to change our system and formation in-game.

We've all seen the 4-3-3 get stale and stifled, it's almost a relief to have players on the bench who can work outside our system. I'll also add to that argument that we probably do have a bigger range of CM's now, including some who can work in a midfield two (Johnson in particular). This also serves as cover for Martin without buying Diet Chris Martin.

Also, signing another striker/winger takes pressure off Razza, something I think we've learnt from the Rauliasco this time last year. 

Wouldn't want Blackman - he's too one-footed, too predictable and easy for a smart manager to defend against (ie. just keep him on his right foot).  He's also a bit selfish allegedly, but wouldn't give us anything more than we already have in Ince - may as well play Ince in the advanced forward role (which I like the idea of actually - maybe against Hartlepool?). I hope we don't go for him.

Archived