Nick Blackman

irobinson

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackman interview on Ramsplayer: http://www.player.dcfc.co.uk/latest-news

Prefers to play down the middle and insinuates that's where he's done best for Reading this season.

Knows PC from time at Blackburn.

Obviously aware of peoples perceptions of him, i.e attitude. So plays down the interest shown by several clubs and his recent scoring record.

Also knows plenty of the playing staff already; Pearce, Ince, Baird and Warnock so maybe some of the more senior ones (Baird and Warnock) may have been consulted as part of the clubs "due diligence"

Feels like a player to push Ince more. Ince has been getting a bit of a free ride because there's been no one else to take his place in the team if he doesn't perform.

Also, we all know Ince plays better from a central position, but because we have no outright wingers he has to fill in.

Makes sense to get an inside-forward and a winger as we have done this season, leave the left back duties to Warnock/Baird/Lowe.

Given the fact we are extremely short at left back and our 33 year old stand in Warnock, although a great stand in, seems like he is one kick away from injury, I would be surprised if after spending 24 million we don't spend a little on a left back.  If we are serious about promotion, why not cover all bases?

Also, I respect both Owen Bradley and Steve Nicholson and trust them completely, but as both have said, Derby are keeping cards very close to chest, which I am loving. I remember 2 days before deadline day Clement said "we may do business but Nothing major, we will see", we spent 10 mill on two midfielders.

I don't expect another striker, certainly not Afobe et Al, but I also expect this isn't the end of the incomings.

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Given the fact we are extremely short at left back and our 33 year old stand in Warnock, although a great stand in, seems like he is one kick away from injury, I would be surprised if after spending 24 million we don't spend a little on a left back.  If we are serious about promotion, why not cover all bases?

Also, I respect both Owen Bradley and Steve Nicholson and trust them completely, but as both have said, Derby are keeping cards very close to chest, which I am loving. I remember 2 days before deadline day Clement said "we may do business but Nothing major, we will see", we spent 10 mill on two midfielders.

I don't expect another striker, certainly not Afobe et Al, but I also expect this isn't the end of the incomings.

Maybe they'll wait to loan in a LB!

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Every player is only one kick away from an injury, but as you say left back is the position where we have least cover (at least until Lowe is fit), but I think that the reasoning is that until we need to bring someone in then why buy or loan a player that would've taking up wages and has little chance of playing, or at least improving on what we already have.

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Don't need to sign left back as Lowe is back from injury a week or two. 

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Don't need to sign left back as Lowe is back from injury a week or two. 

But what if Lowe isn't ready for this level? If Warnock gets injured then we can't afford to rely on a player of his age because we don't want to put pressure on the lad.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

But what if Lowe isn't ready for this level? If Warnock gets injured then we can't afford to rely on a player of his age because we don't want to put pressure on the lad.

But what if he is? 

Owhh, only just waking up to this having been on a mamouth flight, how exciting! its like Christmas again, anyone Mel and Sam set their stall out to get seems to happen.

Just read snippets of the thread and sod the attitude, he'll adopt the Derby way and fit just fine. More pace upfront too. Just can't wait to see these new guys start.

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We won't know if he is ready or not until he plays

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

We won't know if he is ready or not until he plays

Exactly mate. He'll follow Hanson Hughes Hendrick footsteps into breaking through the first team. 

Archived