Nick Blackman

irobinson

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01 January 2016 at 12:13, thekingofbuxton said:

Presumably Blackman would play on the left? If we're actually interested and we kept the same formation?

His goal scoring record is not particularly great although clearly he has been fantastic this season

The fee could be interesting - i believe he has been at reading since 2013 (wiki) but I'm not sure how long he has left on his contract. Reading are financially stable (i think) so they aren't going to be accepting any 'cheeky' offers.

Expired in the summer. They've been trying to negotiate but he wanted out.

50 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Or goes out on a youth loan like Rawson, with a 24 hour recall, just in case.

Well I didn't specify our team :p

Also just to point out, you cannot recall a player within the first month of a loan.

3 hours ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Blackman interview on Ramsplayer: http://www.player.dcfc.co.uk/latest-news

Prefers to play down the middle and insinuates that's where he's done best for Reading this season.

Knows PC from time at Blackburn.

Obviously aware of peoples perceptions of him, i.e attitude. So plays down the interest shown by several clubs and his recent scoring record.

Also knows plenty of the playing staff already; Pearce, Ince, Baird and Warnock so maybe some of the more senior ones (Baird and Warnock) may have been consulted as part of the clubs "due diligence"

and he confirms himself that he could be facing up AGAINST Reading next week! 

35 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Why do you say that?

With it being so close I think it would have been a condition in Reading agreeing to our offer! Plus I think Clement will possibly give the new lads a run out on Saturday and then revert to the usual on Tuesday. We don't want to be perceived to have panic purchased and throwing them all in to get results. We'll just win with the usuals and show that we've just strengthened an already capable squad!

8 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

With it being so close I think it would have been a condition in Reading agreeing to our offer! Plus I think Clement will possibly give the new lads a run out on Saturday and then revert to the usual on Tuesday. We don't want to be perceived to have panic purchased and throwing them all in to get results. We'll just win with the usuals and show that we've just strengthened an already capable squad!

But as a permanent transfer, it's literally impossible for Reading to tell us we can't play him.

10 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

They play Sheffield Wednesday this month too so would they have said the same to them?

If we've agreed a fee with them there shouldn't be a clause to say "your player can't play against our team", just because we play them next it's not ok, whereas if we played them in a couple of months it would be?

If they don't want him to play against them, don't sell him. Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Might have been a gentleman s agreement, but don't think there can be anything in the contract requiring he doesn't.

Sam Rush - "Of Course we won't play him, just accept our offer first."

Reading - "Oh, alright then, as you promised..."

Derby 3-0 Reading (Blackman 17', 53', 80' pen)

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Might have been a gentleman s agreement, but don't think there can be anything in the contract requiring he doesn't.

More likely this.

I would assume often there are a few 'need to know' parts to transfers that as fans we're not privileged too. Therefore I expect that Blackman understands he wont be playing but for the interview there's no reason why he should divulge this info.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

They play Sheffield Wednesday this month too so would they have said the same to them?

If we've agreed a fee with them there shouldn't be a clause to say "your player can't play against our team", just because we play them next it's not ok, whereas if we played them in a couple of months it would be?

If they don't want him to play against them, don't sell him. Simple as that.

Maybe, maybe not.

There's a difference between this month and next league game!

Archived