Sky banned from Elland Road

YouRams

4 hours ago, YouRams said:

Owen Bradley just tweeted, in tomorrow's mirror Cellino not allowing sky in. A guy replied they wouldn't let rigging crew in today to put the cables in. Right letdown for us half fans! 

...or you know, people who can't physically get to the game. 

Half fans are ones who boo whoever is unlucky enough to have the armband at the moment. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget the leeds fans who will also be furious they can't watch their team.

they are a massive club don't forget.

i think he will let them in last minute, so they don't have much time in between games to prepare.

thats my shout.

pretty sure it will get resolved - if it doesnt however needs to be some proper punishment, not sure what it would be, financial probably, otherwise will open the floodgates (no puns intended) for other clubs to do the same.

Although it will be a breach of contract I'm 99% sure there won't be a defined punishment written down for breaking it.

Sky could and should sue Leeds for lost revenue and to reclaim all costs - that could be half a million.

Football league could fine them and dock points IMO. 

I am sure these threats will be made and it will be resolved but what an idiot.

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Although it will be a breach of contract I'm 99% sure there won't be a defined punishment written down for breaking it.

Sky could and should sue Leeds for lost revenue and to reclaim all costs - that could be half a million.

Football league could fine them and dock points IMO. 

I am sure these threats will be made and it will be resolved but what an idiot.

It could well be far far more than half a mill though, sky sell the games globally and although it would cost a lot less than a man utd game, they could still stand to lose Millions. I would expect all buyers have already paid for the game.

3 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

It could well be far far more than half a mill though, sky sell the games globally and although it would cost a lot less than a man utd game, they could still stand to lose Millions. I would expect all buyers have already paid for the game.

Yep, good point. There is also a strong chance that the production company is an outside company contracted by Sky Sports as well, and not employees of sky.

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Yep, good point. There is also a strong chance that the production company is an outside company contracted by Sky Sports as well, and not employees of sky.

So?

sky will have wracked up plenty of abortive costs directly and indirectly.

and surely cellino will be in breach of his banning order.

double trouble.

I'm not happy, we have a Sky week pass especially and I'll bet they won't refund it :(

looking at things another way though, say some Leeds fans watch on tv they might think 'I enjoyed that, will go to a few games' and increase their ticket sales. 

Anyway, the man's a buffoon on a par with Fatwaz, don't draw attention to yourself when you have skeletons in your cupboards. 

If Leeds got promoted at some future point in time I wonder if they will expect Sky to honour the Sky TV money deal they would be entitled to in the Premier League --- now that will be an interesting one to watch how it plays out ( bet it won't be an issue then ..!)

Archived